Another Newbie from Austin, Texas

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Moopyat16

Post by Moopyat16 »

Hello everyone. I’m Nanci and I love books! It looks like this forum is filled with other people, who like me, are signing up in droves! I love that this concept is growing. Kudos to all who built this platform and the other volunteers here who make it work. I found LibriVox when I downloaded a free book from Audible and there was information at the beginning of the reading inviting the listener to find out more about LibriVox.

Like so many others, I depend upon audio versions of books. I have a disability which allows me to read brief articles and have good retention, but I have short term memory issues. This means that reading an entire book means I’ll have to go back over and over to follow the narrative. Reading aloud helps me greatly with this problem, so I’m very much hoping that by reading for someone else will allow me to help someone else while allowing me to enjoy the book right with them!

My wheelhouse is non-fiction. History, biographies, law, and government are my particular interest.

Okay, I think I’ve gone on a bit long for an introductions. Thanks for reading,

Nanci H.