Plays and other dramatic works
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Maezli , Johanna Spyri, Lippo? Thanks
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
HenriettaStrauss

Post by HenriettaStrauss »

ShellyW wrote: February 20th, 2024, 11:47 am Maezli , Johanna Spyri, Lippo? Thanks
Lippo is yours!
Thanks,
~ Henrietta Strauss
DRs:
[Open] Mazli by Johanna Spryi. 9 roles open!
"To read or not to read, that is the question..."
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

ShellyW wrote: February 20th, 2024, 11:47 am Maezli , Johanna Spyri, Lippo? Thanks
Sorry for the confusion. I was asking for pronunciation of these names. Also Leonore. Does anyone know?
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
HenriettaStrauss

ShellyW wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 12:46 pm
Sorry for the confusion. I was asking for pronunciation of these names. Also Leonore. Does anyone know?
Correct me if I'm wrong. But I think Maezli is pronounced "may-zlee". Johanna Spyri "Joe-ha-nah sp-err-ee". Lippo "Lip-oh". And Leonore "leea-nor".
Hope this helps,
~ Henrietta Strauss
DRs:
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

HenriettaStrauss wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 1:32 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong. But I think Maezli is pronounced "may-zlee". Johanna Spyri "Joe-ha-nah sp-err-ee". Lippo "Lip-oh". And Leonore "leea-nor".
Hope this helps,
When I did the Narration, I used:
Maytzlee
Yohanna Speeree
Leepo
and Layanor
That was as close to the German as I could figure.
Like a story that we wish was never ending, we know sometime we must reach the final page. Still we carry on just pretending that there'll always be one more book to go. - Fading Lights, Genesis
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Keratak wrote: February 25th, 2024, 12:05 pm
HenriettaStrauss wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 1:32 pm

Hope this helps,
When I did the Narration, I used:
Maytzlee
Yohanna Speeree
Leepo
and Layanor
That was as close to the German as I could figure.
Thank you so much, Keratak. My google research came pretty close to the above. I wish I could imitate a German accent but that's way beyond me. :lol:
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
HenriettaStrauss

ShellyW wrote: February 25th, 2024, 12:25 pm Thank you so much, Keratak. My google research came pretty close to the above. I wish I could imitate a German accent but that's way beyond me. :lol:
Google Translate is a good resource for name pronunciation. I used it for the names I wasn't sure about.

It all depends. If you are pronouncing it with a German accent then it would be "yo-han-a" rather than "joe-han-a", the German "ä" is pronounced "eyy", etc.

Do you want me to unassign Lippo? I misunderstood the request.
Thanks,
~ Henrietta Strauss
DRs:
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

HenriettaStrauss wrote: February 25th, 2024, 3:37 pm
ShellyW wrote: February 25th, 2024, 12:25 pm Thank you so much, Keratak. My google research came pretty close to the above. I wish I could imitate a German accent but that's way beyond me. :lol:
Google Translate is a good resource for name pronunciation. I used it for the names I wasn't sure about.

It all depends. If you are pronouncing it with a German accent then it would be "yo-han-a" rather than "joe-han-a", the German "ä" is pronounced "eyy", etc.

Do you want me to unassign Lippo? I misunderstood the request.
Thanks,
That's OK. I will go ahead and do Lippo :thumbs:
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

I would be glad to read the part of Salo. I assume a long "a" to rhyme with "halo."
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Keratak

Post by Keratak »

silverquill wrote: February 25th, 2024, 4:44 pm I would be glad to read the part of Salo. I assume a long "a" to rhyme with "halo."
For what it's worth, I pronounced it with the short a as in hallow.
Not many other languages use the long A naturally.
Like a story that we wish was never ending, we know sometime we must reach the final page. Still we carry on just pretending that there'll always be one more book to go. - Fading Lights, Genesis
HenriettaStrauss

silverquill wrote: February 25th, 2024, 4:44 pm I would be glad to read the part of Salo. I assume a long "a" to rhyme with "halo."
Done! I'll update the MW when I get a chance.
~ Henrietta Strauss
DRs:
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Question: What does a parts PL do? :hmm:
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
HenriettaStrauss

ShellyW wrote: February 27th, 2024, 6:44 am Question: What does a parts PL do? :hmm:
It proof listens the readers recordings before they are put together into a chapter.
Here is the definition from the LV wiki page.
Proof-listening is the process of listening to a recording in order to catch recording mistakes, and verify that the file meets the technical requirements. All recordings are "prooflistened" to catch repeats, big stumbles or long pauses. A Proof-Listener (PL) is the volunteer who does the proof-listening, and will report back any errors in the file.
Hope this helps,
~ Henrietta Strauss
DRs:
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

OK thank you. So am I understanding correctly that you want one person to PL all the parts? (a DPL?)

I am getting ready to record Lippo :D
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Another question: It says to submit 1 file per act. Does that mean 1 file per chapter, or all as 1 file. All of my lines together come to about 6:30.
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com