BC

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
HenriettaStrauss

Post by HenriettaStrauss »

How do I become a BC?
~ Henrietta Strauss
DRs:
[Open] Mazli by Johanna Spryi. 9 roles open!
"To read or not to read, that is the question..."
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

You will find a good deal of information on that here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=How_To_Become_A_Book_Coordinator

The most successful BCs are the ones who have gained a good bit of experience here as readers and/or PLers before they launch their own BC project. (By successful I mean those who are able to guide their project all the way through from start to finish, rather than abandoning the project midstream.) My personal feeling is that it takes at least a couple of months of steady involvement for a new volunteer to learn the kinds of things that a BC needs to know. This may be longer or shorter for each person. For myself, I started my first BC project after about 9 months here.
HenriettaStrauss

Post by HenriettaStrauss »

mightyfelix wrote: June 18th, 2023, 2:19 pm You will find a good deal of information on that here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=How_To_Become_A_Book_Coordinator

The most successful BCs are the ones who have gained a good bit of experience here as readers and/or PLers before they launch their own BC project. (By successful I mean those who are able to guide their project all the way through from start to finish, rather than abandoning the project midstream.) My personal feeling is that it takes at least a couple of months of steady involvement for a new volunteer to learn the kinds of things that a BC needs to know. This may be longer or shorter for each person. For myself, I started my first BC project after about 9 months here.
OK. I will try to gain a lot more info before becoming a BC.
Thanks,
Henrietta
~ Henrietta Strauss
DRs:
[Open] Mazli by Johanna Spryi. 9 roles open!
"To read or not to read, that is the question..."