[FULL] The Moon Endureth: Tales and Fancies by John Buchan -jo

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
czandra

Post by czandra »

I asked my librarian about the noise, and she said, "no one would come here
if they weren't allowed to talk out loud." So I read out loud.

Je lis à haute voix car refléchir fait trop de bruit!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

mummibee wrote: January 15th, 2024, 6:29 pm Here is section 8: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/moonendureth_08_buchan_128kb.mp3
Duration: 38:03
What an interesting story, and very well read. I just have a couple of minor notes for you to address.

You have over 3 seconds of silence at the beginning. There should be only 0.5-1 second of silence before the intro begins.
You also have 5 full seconds of silence between the title of the section and the beginning of the main text, which feels like quite a long wait to me. In general, I would say no more than two or three seconds at the most is more comfortable, and more what I am used to hearing.
Freso

Post by Freso »

Hi! Just checking in to give an update that I’ve been sick and have been dealing with other RL stuff. I hope to finally get around to doing my chapter here tomorrow! 🙇
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

Freso wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 3:29 pm Hi! Just checking in to give an update that I’ve been sick and have been dealing with other RL stuff. I hope to finally get around to doing my chapter here tomorrow! 🙇
Ok, that's fine!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Sections 5 and 6 are both PL ok. :thumbs: This story was rather funny. It made me think, a little bit, of A Midsummer Night's Dream.
mummibee

Post by mummibee »

mightyfelix wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 2:54 pm
You have over 3 seconds of silence at the beginning. There should be only 0.5-1 second of silence before the intro begins.
You also have 5 full seconds of silence between the title of the section and the beginning of the main text, which feels like quite a long wait to me. In general, I would say no more than two or three seconds at the most is more comfortable, and more what I am used to hearing.
I'm so sorry, that escaped my notice! Here's the edit:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/moonendureth_08_buchan_128kb.mp3 37:57
Belinda
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

mummibee wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 8:36 pm
mightyfelix wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 2:54 pm
I'm so sorry, that escaped my notice! Here's the edit:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/moonendureth_08_buchan_128kb.mp3 37:57
PL ok now!
AgnesRobert

Post by AgnesRobert »

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Very nicely read. I started to get a hunch about who the old man was around the middle of the conversation. I was glad to realize I'd been right! Looking forward to the next installment.

I have one OPTIONAL note you may wish to address. At 0:23, when you read the title of the story, I hear "Majorlaine," rather than "Marjolaine." It's minor and may not be worth a correction to you. But I wanted to let you know, so you can change it if you wish. :)
AgnesRobert

Post by AgnesRobert »

mightyfelix wrote: February 25th, 2024, 3:59 pm
Very nicely read. I started to get a hunch about who the old man was around the middle of the conversation. I was glad to realize I'd been right! Looking forward to the next installment.

I have one OPTIONAL note you may wish to address. At 0:23, when you read the title of the story, I hear "Majorlaine," rather than "Marjolaine." It's minor and may not be worth a correction to you. But I wanted to let you know, so you can change it if you wish. :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/moonendureth_02_buchan_128kb.mp3

fixed, thankyou
AgnesRobert

Post by AgnesRobert »

Freso

Post by Freso »

I’ve recorded all of section 12, but I keep not getting around to the editing of it, and it seems a bit like a daunting/overwhelming task right now. As a consequence (and in me trying to be better to offload stuff from my plate when I’ve taken on too much) I’ve asked for someone to maybe take the editing off of my hands.