[BIOGRAPHY] Gertrude Bell, by Bodley and Hearst -jo

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ciufi wrote: September 9th, 2023, 11:31 am I didn't hear any of that at all :clap: . Also, nice job on the French sentence! Pl okay.
Oh! I was going to say that you could laugh it up at my French attempt. :lol:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Chapter 4 is up.

Not quite as long as I'd thought it would be, as there was a good 8-10 minute stretch I had re-read after it occurred to me that I should look up how the Earl Cadogan name was pronounced. . . and of course, it was different than I'd been doing. :twisted:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Chapter 4 is pl okay! :clap:
Very engaging chapter, and a lovely reading.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks, Ciufi :) Are you ready for this? I just had to run outside and ground Scott from mowing the lawn. :lol: :evil: :shock:
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

There's chapter 5 :)
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Nicely done! Chapter 5 is pl ok.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thank you :)
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

At long last, there's chapter 6
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

That was super interesting - and pl okay!

If you could note the page number of the chapter when you post that it's ready for pl, it would be helpful, btw.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ciufi wrote: December 4th, 2023, 1:00 pm That was super interesting - and pl okay!

If you could note the page number of the chapter when you post that it's ready for pl, it would be helpful, btw.
Oh! I'll link a chapter bookmark in the section note box when I put files in! So sorry I didn't think of that to start with, being a Hathi source :?
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Update for Jo and Ciufi,

Was looking forward to getting into the real swing of recording on this after the DR-finishing plate was cleared and the holiday/work trip, but I'm super gunked up right from head cold/cough. As soon as that clears out enough, I'll be working this regularly :)
~Lynette * -
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hope you feel better!
Jo
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Woohoo!! I sort of have my voice back, so here's an appearance of Gertrude Bell!

Very annoying working around multiple coughing fits, but I think it came together nicely enough.
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Glad that you have your voice back! Chapter 7 is pl okay! Quite absorbing, I thought.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Here is Chapter 8, finally!

I don't think there will be any more ridiculously long delays between chapters. Voice is back for the most part, house is fixed and sale process squared away, out-of-town visitors all tucked back in their homes. . .

I find Gertrude completely enchanting. :)
~Lynette * -