COMPLETE: Twilight Stories by Various -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
crystalpenny

Post by crystalpenny »

Winnifred wrote: June 18th, 2023, 9:16 am
crystalpenny wrote: June 18th, 2023, 9:12 am May i claim 9 and 13?
Yes, you may, with thanks. I'll add those to the #4 you already have.

Cheers,
Thank you!
~carolyn
Akarsh

Post by Akarsh »

Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Akarsh wrote: June 18th, 2023, 11:06 am Please check Section 7

Duration: 01:49
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/twilightstories_07_various_128kb.mp3
Thanks! Ready for PL.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
Akarsh

Post by Akarsh »

I want to read Section 14: U.S. Spells US, by Anonymous
Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/twilightstories_07_various_128kb.mp3
I found your recording to be a little on the quiet side. Checker gives it as 86.9, which is near the bottom of the range. It doesn't need fixing for this recording, but something to be mindful of for future recordings.

The end silence is about 7 seconds long. Could you please trim off the last 2 seconds?
"Just because you can doesn't mean you should"—my first law of life.
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Akarsh wrote: June 18th, 2023, 11:33 pm I want to read Section 14: U.S. Spells US, by Anonymous
All yours!

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Akarsh

Post by Akarsh »

Beeswaxcandle wrote: June 19th, 2023, 12:35 am

I found your recording to be a little on the quiet side. Checker gives it as 86.9, which is near the bottom of the range. It doesn't need fixing for this recording, but something to be mindful of for future recordings.

The end silence is about 7 seconds long. Could you please trim off the last 2 seconds?
Ok I'll do it. Thanks
pippurple

Post by pippurple »

I'd be happy to do 20 - Baby's Kiss
Pippa
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

pippurple wrote: June 20th, 2023, 3:32 pm I'd be happy to do 20 - Baby's Kiss
Pippa
Hi Pippa,

I see you're still waiting for final approval on your 1-minute test. Once that's approved, head back here and claim your section. I'll tentatively reserve section 20 for you, pending that approval. When you return, please read the top of this thread carefully, as it contains all the instructions you'll need to submit your section.

Also, by what name would you like to be credited in the Librivox catalogue? While many of us use our real names, it’s your choice. It could be your Forum name or anything else. It might be what you say at the start of each reading: "read by .....," so people can find your recordings online. If you have a personal website/blog you'd like us to link to, please provide the url.

After you provide this information, I can set up your catalogue page and assign your chapter.

I look forward to your first foray into reading for Librivox!

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
twilsonlillard

Post by twilsonlillard »

Hi, there!

Can I stake a claim on Section 17: Babouscka?

Thanks!

~Tiffany
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

twilsonlillard wrote: June 20th, 2023, 8:37 pm Hi, there!

Can I stake a claim on Section 17: Babouscka?

Thanks!

~Tiffany
Hi Tiffany,

You certainly may!

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
pippurple

Post by pippurple »

Thank you - I think I'd like to be in catalogue with my real name Pippa Moss.
My one minute should be good now - a little technical thing with getting it in mono which I have sussed!
I'd love to do 20. I had a practice - do you want me to say the full title in the intro (it has 2 lines - THE BABY'S KISS.
AN INCIDENT OF THE CIVIL WAR.) and then you don't repeat the title again? Just start the poem with first line of poem?
I have practiced and I think I'm all good with the other instructions.
Cheers!
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

pippurple wrote: June 21st, 2023, 11:12 am Thank you - I think I'd like to be in catalogue with my real name Pippa Moss.
My one minute should be good now - a little technical thing with getting it in mono which I have sussed!
I'd love to do 20. I had a practice - do you want me to say the full title in the intro (it has 2 lines - THE BABY'S KISS.
AN INCIDENT OF THE CIVIL WAR.) and then you don't repeat the title again? Just start the poem with first line of poem?
I have practiced and I think I'm all good with the other instructions.
Cheers!
Hi Pippa,

Your one minute looks technically sound, but you may get feedback that you're at the upper end of the volume range (91.7, when 92 is the maximum) and that your background noise is a touch high at 44.3. I think if you de-Amplified your recording by 1, both of those totals would be reduced (or you could apply a bit of Noise Reduction to bring the background noise down).

Yes, please do say the full title. Your intro would be:

"Section 20 of Twilight Stories. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org. [Optional: Read by Pippa Moss.] Twilight Stories, by Various. The Baby's Kiss: An Incident of the Civil War, by Anonymous."

Then start the poem.

I'm going to set up your catalogue page now, and will post again with information about that.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Winnifred wrote: June 21st, 2023, 11:25 am I'm going to set up your catalogue page now, and will post again with information about that.

Cheers,
Here's your Reader page in the catalogue which you can also reach from your name-link in the Magic Window. It lists all the projects you read for (completed and in progress). You can also keep track of your sections in ongoing projects from the link "Reader section details."

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
pippurple

Post by pippurple »

Just uploaded 20 - as this is my first upload like this (although I practiced the recording several times) do let me know if all is OK. Thanks so much! Pippa