[FULL][DR] A Fourth Form Friendship by Angela Brazil - rap

Plays and other dramatic works
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

I would like to claim Miss Webb.
Priamedes

Post by Priamedes »

Here is Piers ch 15 with the missing lines!

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/fourthformfriendship_piers_15.mp3 (04:42)

I do however have a suspicion that the new line at 01:17, "I'd a deal rather you had a boatman with you," is not my line but rather Pritchard's.
Back to recording

Erik
thecountess

Post by thecountess »

Priamedes wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 1:18 pm Here is Piers ch 15 with the missing lines!

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/fourthformfriendship_piers_15.mp3 (04:42)

I do however have a suspicion that the new line at 01:17, "I'd a deal rather you had a boatman with you," is not my line but rather Pritchard's.
Chapter 15 is PL OK! :D
I think that you are right about that line being Pritchard's so I went along and removed it for you.
The new length is 4:26.

~ The Countess
victoriaalicebell

Post by victoriaalicebell »

brownrottger wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 10:07 am I would like to claim Miss Webb.
Welcome aboard! It's yours.
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

I see in the MW that I have corrections to make for Aldred’s chapters 3 and 8 but I’m having trouble finding the PL notes for what I need to correct. Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks so much!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
victoriaalicebell

jennlea wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 9:43 am I see in the MW that I have corrections to make for Aldred’s chapters 3 and 8 but I’m having trouble finding the PL notes for what I need to correct. Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks so much!
Chapter 3 had an error in the script:
Also, there is one line that is in Chapter 3 that is mistakenly given to Dora. I didn't read it since I was almost certain that it was meant to be read by a different character (the speaker addresses Dora by name). I think it should be Aldred speaking, but I'm not sure.

The quote is: "Well, the kettle's just singing; we'll wait till it boils. Have you a pencil, Dora, and a scrap of paper?" (p.18 of the script).

This would go about 3:32 seconds into your recording. I'm sorry about the bother.

Chapter 8's PL notes are here:
Unfortunately I do have two PL NOTES for you on this chapter.
At about 0:25 you skipped the line: Aldred: "Shall we have time?"
This second note is probably a little too picky so I will leave it up to you and Victoria's judgement but at 2:40 you say: Can't you pretend to see them, and give a proper shriek? while the text says: Can't you pretend you see them, and give a proper shriek?
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

victoriaalicebell wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 1:26 pm
jennlea wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 9:43 am I see in the MW that I have corrections to make for Aldred’s chapters 3 and 8 but I’m having trouble finding the PL notes for what I need to correct. Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks so much!
Also, there is one line that is in Chapter 3 that is mistakenly given to Dora. I didn't read it since I was almost certain that it was meant to be read by a different character (the speaker addresses Dora by name). I think it should be Aldred speaking, but I'm not sure.

The quote is: "Well, the kettle's just singing; we'll wait till it boils. Have you a pencil, Dora, and a scrap of paper?" (p.18 of the script).

This would go about 3:32 seconds into your recording. I'm sorry about the bother.

This second note is probably a little too picky so I will leave it up to you and Victoria's judgement but at 2:40 you say: Can't you pretend to see them, and give a proper shriek? while the text says: Can't you pretend you see them, and give a proper shriek?
Thanks so much! I don't know why I was having such trouble finding the notes. I really appreciate it and will get all the corrections done ASAP!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
victoriaalicebell

jennlea wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 1:29 pm
victoriaalicebell wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 1:26 pm

Thanks so much! I don't know why I was having such trouble finding the notes. I really appreciate it and will get all the corrections done ASAP!
Sounds good! :thumbs:
Fami

Post by Fami »

thecountess wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 10:32 am
Fami wrote: November 6th, 2023, 11:04 am Hi,

Finished recording the part of Freda in chapter 5, duration : 56.842 seconds

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/fourthformfriendship_Freda_5.mp3

Awaiting feedback, Thanks :D
I have only one PL NOTE for chapter 5:
The file name has an uppercase letter. Could you please fix that and re-upload?

Fami wrote: November 6th, 2023, 11:09 am Hi,

finished recording the part of Freda in chapter 10 & Chapter 16 both, duration for chapter 10: 25.365 secs & chapter 16 duration is 41.482 secs

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/fourthformfriendship_Freda_10.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/fourthformfriendship_Freda_16.mp3

Awaiting feedbacks, thanks :D
I unfortunately have some PL NOTES for you:
Both Chapters 10 & 16's volume is rather loud (at 94dB)...our target volume is 86 - 92dB. To lower the volume you can select the audio then go to the toolbar/effect/ amplify, then to lower the volume you type in a negative amount of dB. In your case I would suggest lowering it by about 6dB.
While your at it could you please fix the filenames? We like them to be all lowercase.
I really suggest downloading the Checker app which will check your files for you telling you if there is anything technically wrong with it.

Thank you for your patience! :)

~ The Countess
Corrections done as per PL observations and corrected files uploaded, below are the links:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/fourthformfriendship_freda_5.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/fourthformfriendship_freda_10.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/fourthformfriendship_freda_16.mp3

thecountess

Post by thecountess »

Thank you!
They are PL OK! :clap:

~ The Countess
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

thecountess wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 9:29 am Chapter 2 & 5 are PL OK!

I have one PL NOTE for Chapter 3.
At around 3:37 I hear: "It would never do for her to find it covered with blacks; she'd find we were dreadfully bad housekeepers...."
The text actually says: "It would never do for her to think it covered with blacks; she'd find we were dreadfully bad housekeepers...."

~ The Countess
Here is Dora Maxwell Chapter 3 corrected:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/fourthformfriendship_doramaxwell_3.mp3

Just a note: Since I went back to rerecord the whole line (I wanted it to sound all the same for consistency's sake), I went back to the original text. You were right that I switched out "find" where there should have been "think", but it was actually at "she'd find we were dreadfully bad housekeepers" when I should have said "she'd think we were dreadfully bad housekeepers".

So the correct line from the text was: "It would never do for her to find it covered with blacks; she'd think we were dreadfully bad housekeepers."

I just wanted to let you know so that you did not think that I had not changed anything or accidentally reuploaded an incorrect reading of the line. I hope that makes sense. :)
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
thecountess

Post by thecountess »

elsieselwyn wrote: December 13th, 2023, 9:38 am
thecountess wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 9:29 am Chapter 2 & 5 are PL OK!

I have one PL NOTE for Chapter 3.
At around 3:37 I hear: "It would never do for her to find it covered with blacks; she'd find we were dreadfully bad housekeepers...."
The text actually says: "It would never do for her to think it covered with blacks; she'd find we were dreadfully bad housekeepers...."

~ The Countess
Here is Dora Maxwell Chapter 3 corrected:
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/fourthformfriendship_doramaxwell_3.mp3

Just a note: Since I went back to rerecord the whole line (I wanted it to sound all the same for consistency's sake), I went back to the original text. You were right that I switched out "find" where there should have been "think", but it was actually at "she'd find we were dreadfully bad housekeepers" when I should have said "she'd think we were dreadfully bad housekeepers".

So the correct line from the text was: "It would never do for her to find it covered with blacks; she'd think we were dreadfully bad housekeepers."

I just wanted to let you know so that you did not think that I had not changed anything or accidentally reuploaded an incorrect reading of the line. I hope that makes sense. :)
It is PL OK! :thumbs:
And thanks for noticing my mistake. :D

~ The Countess