[HISTORY] The Story of Coventry, by Mary Dormer Harris - availle

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
paullawleyjones

Post by paullawleyjones »

Availle wrote: June 5th, 2023, 7:09 am I think I get what you're trying to do, however please change the outros: to "end of chapter x - end of section y" to conform with our standard.
This is the first I've heard of this standard.
Availle wrote: June 5th, 2023, 7:09 am This is to avoid confusion for listeners; for example "end of chapter 5" and then starting with "section 15" in two consecutive sections is utterly confusing.
If I understand you correctly, you want each section book-ended with...

"section # .......... chapter # (part #)"

[Amazing narration]

"end of chapter # (part #), end of section #"

Availle wrote: June 5th, 2023, 7:09 am If you have done this in the "London" project as well, please do change the outros for the respective sections as well - a simple copy/paste will do. Mark these section as "Ready for PL" in the MW and I'll check them before cataloging.
Dammit!
Paul Lawley-Jones
My Reader Page

"There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you." – Bene Gesserit "Litany of Fear," Dune
JorWat

Post by JorWat »

PL OK, but I do think you might want to include the footnote at 14:43 (Which may be paraphrased: "I have but one diocese, and must I have but one cathedral?"), as it seems "necessary for clarification" to me.
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.
paullawleyjones

JorWat wrote: June 6th, 2023, 2:58 pm
PL OK, but I do think you might want to include the footnote at 14:43 (Which may be paraphrased: "I have but one diocese, and must I have but one cathedral?"), as it seems "necessary for clarification" to me.
You mean not everyone has a Latin to English dictionary handy? :D Anyway, good catch. I'll get that updated later today.
Paul Lawley-Jones
My Reader Page

"There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you." – Bene Gesserit "Litany of Fear," Dune
paullawleyjones

paullawleyjones wrote: June 6th, 2023, 3:31 pm
JorWat wrote: June 6th, 2023, 2:58 pm
You mean not everyone has a Latin to English dictionary handy? :D Anyway, good catch. I'll get that updated later today.
Here's the edited file: https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/storyofcoventry_03_harris_128kb.mp3 - 22:20
Paul Lawley-Jones
My Reader Page

paullawleyjones

Here is section 1 with corrected outro: https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/storyofcoventry_01_harris_128kb.mp3 - 17:23

Availle, Please confirm that this is how you want the outro for both this and 'London.'
Paul Lawley-Jones
My Reader Page

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Yes, that sounds good.

However, I'm not sure what you're going to put into the "section 0"?
This one is usually meant for preface and introduction, so I guess you don't need it after all?
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
paullawleyjones

Last edited by paullawleyjones on June 7th, 2023, 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Lawley-Jones
My Reader Page

paullawleyjones

Availle wrote: June 7th, 2023, 1:32 am Yes, that sounds good.

However, I'm not sure what you're going to put into the "section 0"?
This one is usually meant for preface and introduction, so I guess you don't need it after all?
Yeah, sorry. I don't need it. I tried to remove it myself (after adding an additional section) but I couldn't see how to do it.

I will go ahead and correct all the 'London' outros over the next couple of weeks.
Paul Lawley-Jones
My Reader Page

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Only MCs can delete sections, I'll do that for you.

Thanks for fixing London too. :thumbs:
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
paullawleyjones

Availle wrote: June 7th, 2023, 1:32 am However, I'm not sure what you're going to put into the "section 0"?
This one is usually meant for preface and introduction, ...
Is this the preferred method? Or does it not really matter either way?
Paul Lawley-Jones
My Reader Page

Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

People often do it this way, especially in novels when there's a translator's introduction for example.
This is why there is the question "is there a preface or introduction" in the template generator.

If you have one chapter per section, then the section and chapter numbers line up nicely.
Then it's possible to call the very first section "preface and introduction" instead of "section 0" in the recording.

In your case, where some chapters run over several sections in the MW, it's fine to start with section 1.
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
JorWat

Post by JorWat »

paullawleyjones wrote: June 7th, 2023, 1:26 amHere's the edited file: https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/storyofcoventry_03_harris_128kb.mp3 - 22:20
PL OK
Jordan

paullawleyjones

Paul Lawley-Jones
My Reader Page

paullawleyjones

Paul Lawley-Jones
My Reader Page

JorWat

Post by JorWat »

PL OK. Will try to get Section 5 checked soon.
Jordan