I dont know the abbriviations

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Nadee

Post by Nadee »

Hi,

What is PM -

What is MC -

I cant understand the text as the original word is not provided in the page.

Note to all Prooflisteners: We do not allow computer-generated (synthesized) voices in our recordings. LibriVox recordings must be recorded by volunteers using their own voices. If you PL a section that sounds like it may be computer-generated, please PM the MC for the project for a second opinion before marking the section as PL OK.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Welcome to LibriVox! Thanks for taking the time to familiarize yourself. Here are quick answers to those two, in hopes they're useful to you and to anyone else who finds this. On that note, the forum's search tool also comes in handy for finding whether a question has been answered before.

"PM" is for "Private Message", a feature of our forum that lets you send a message directly to someone instead of posting in a thread. If you click on someone's name on their posts, you'll see their profile page, with an option to "Send private message". Analogous to "DM" for "Direct Message" on Twitter and other sites.

"MC" is for "Meta-coordinator", one of the LibriVox admins. While any experienced LibriVoxer can sign up to track who reads what chapter in a given book (the role of Book-Coordinator, "BC"), each project needs an MC to set it up in the first place, and to catalog and upload the finished work to Archive.org at the end. There's more to each role, but that's a bare-bones description.

You can find a bunch of other terms defined below, though I see "PM" isn't on the list. Perhaps because it's more of a "forum software" thing, rather than a "Librivox" thing.
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Glossary
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Note that you may not be able to private message yet. We have the forum software set so that members with fewer than... I'm not sure how many posts... cannot send a private message. It's a spam-discourager. :)

Post a couple more posts in the forum, and you should be good. 8-)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart