Unrecorded Pulp Sci-Fi: Short Stories

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
Ligeti_Grieg

Post by Ligeti_Grieg »

Speaking of which, Volumes VII and IX will be finished in January. Volume VI won't be finished until 2025. It seems a shame to sit on the other volumes and wait. Do you think putting these two volumes on Librivox without the volumes in between is a bad idea, a confusing idea. (For me, I don't think the listeners will care all that much, especially as they are only anthologies).
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

Ligeti_Grieg wrote: November 7th, 2023, 7:09 am I didn't explain myself properly. Volumes VII-IX have been started. I thus have a bunch recorded which won't appear on Librivox for a while, but definitely will eventually, so they can be taken from your list. Good effort on keeping up, but you won't see them on the system.

'The Cyberene' by Rog Phillips
'Amateur in Chancery by George O Smith
'The Facts of Life' by P. Schuyler Miller
'$1000 a Plate' by Jack Macenty
'Guaranted - Forever!' by Frank M Robinson
'Mr. Meek Plays Polo' by Clifford D. Simak
'Wanderlust' by Alan E Nourse
'The Sense of Wonder' by Milton Lesser

All by Keith Laumer
'Retief of the Red-Tape Mountain'
'The Desert and the Stars'
'Cultural Exchange'
'The Governor of Glave'
'The Madman From Earth'

'Eight Million Dollars From Mars' by Winston K Marks
'The Orbit of Saturn' by R. F. Starzl
'The Frogs of Mars' by Roger D. Aycock
'Song in a Minor Key' by C. L. Moore
'Hagerty's Enzymes' by A. L. Haley
'The Aab' by Edward W Ludwig
'Martians Keep Out!' by Fritz Leiber Jr
'Sibling' by Leslie Waltham
'Prize Ship' by Philip K Dick
'The Terror' by Alfred Coppel
'The Dragon Queen of Jupiter' by Leigh Brackett
'Vulcan's Workshop' by Harl Vincent
That's fine. I'll just remove them as they are added to Librivox. I know you have them recorded for your podcast already but for whatever reason, they may not ever make their way to Librivox.
BardSanVO

Post by BardSanVO »

Hello Flavo5000, what is the current status of all these short stories? Are they still available or have some of them been narrated? I'd be interested in narrating a few.
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

BardSanVO wrote: December 5th, 2023, 3:54 pm Hello Flavo5000, what is the current status of all these short stories? Are they still available or have some of them been narrated? I'd be interested in narrating a few.
They are all still unrecorded. I keep the list updated as recordings are done.
BardSanVO

Post by BardSanVO »

Thanks for the quick return. If that's the case, I'd like to start with: Beer-Trust Busters - A. R. Stuart [7,478 word count] www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/63609
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

BardSanVO wrote: December 5th, 2023, 4:10 pm Thanks for the quick return. If that's the case, I'd like to start with: Beer-Trust Busters - A. R. Stuart [7,478 word count] www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/63609
Ok, cool. That one is short enough that it can be uploaded straight to our current Short Sci-fi collection found here: viewtopic.php?t=100309
Just follow the steps in the first post there if you're unfamiliar with how the short story collections work. Enjoy!
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

Just did an update to add all the stories that were added recently to PG!
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

Well, it looks like the first two posts have reached their character limit. So folks need to record more stories so I can add the new ones being added to PG! :D
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

flavo5000 wrote: December 15th, 2023, 5:49 am Well, it looks like the first two posts have reached their character limit. So folks need to record more stories so I can add the new ones being added to PG! :D
I'm working on setting up "The Onslaught From Rigel" as a group project in early January (still need to read it myself). That'll be one less, anyway.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Let's wait till you have set it up before posting , there is no need to lay claim to it.

Anne
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

The Onslaught from Rigel is now on the New Projects Launch Pad.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
Indianreader

Post by Indianreader »

I may sound unreasonable, but is there any way to find unrecorded detective/crime novels, novella and short stories?
Yoganandh
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

Indianreader wrote: December 27th, 2023, 6:03 am I may sound unreasonable, but is there any way to find unrecorded detective/crime novels, novella and short stories?
Well, I probably don't have the time to keep it updated, but I did create this thread a while back:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95064

Detective Story Magazine in general has tons of stories and novellas/serials that may interest you.
Indianreader

Post by Indianreader »

flavo5000 wrote: December 27th, 2023, 7:00 am
Indianreader wrote: December 27th, 2023, 6:03 am I may sound unreasonable, but is there any way to find unrecorded detective/crime novels, novella and short stories?
Well, I probably don't have the time to keep it updated, but I did create this thread a while back:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95064

Detective Story Magazine in general has tons of stories and novellas/serials that may interest you.
This is wonderful! Thank you
Yoganandh