Unrecorded Pulp Sci-Fi: Short Stories

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

Some folks may have noticed, I just split this into two separate threads, one for short stories and one for longer works. There were just too many to fit into the thread posts I have reserved, so here we are!

Part of the reason for having too many is that with the new year comes a whole slew of 1928 stories from Amazing Stories and Weird Tales that are now available to read, and those have been added to the list!
HotMicSpeaks

Post by HotMicSpeaks »

I am fairly new to this and trying to cobble together the info from various FAQs, wikis and threads etc. If I want to read one of these, what's he best way to "claim" it so I'm not doubling up work? I'd love to cut my teeth on some of these stories.
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

HotMicSpeaks wrote: January 17th, 2024, 8:58 am I am fairly new to this and trying to cobble together the info from various FAQs, wikis and threads etc. If I want to read one of these, what's he best way to "claim" it so I'm not doubling up work? I'd love to cut my teeth on some of these stories.
There's no real way to "claim" any of them. Just go and record one and the post it in the Short Sci-fi Collection based on the guidelines in the first post. Here's the latest open collection:
viewtopic.php?t=101007

If in the unlikely event you do end up recording one that's been recorded in this collection, we'll just carry it over into the next collection. There's no harm in recording multiple versions of a story.
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

I just thought I'd highlight a list of authors who currently have more than 7 stories unrecorded in case someone wants to whittle them down a little. :D

Alfred Coppel (8 unrecorded)
Basil Wells (12 unrecorded)
Bryce Walton (26 unrecorded)
Charles L. Fontenay (15 unrecorded)
Charles S. Wolfe (14 unrecorded)
David H. Keller (10 unrecorded)
Fox B. Holden (9 unrecorded)
Frank Belknap Long (9 unrecorded)
George O. Smith (19 unrecorded)
H. B. Fyfe (10 unrecorded)
Joseph Samachson (10 unrecorded)
Kris Neville (10 unrecorded)
L. J. Stecher, Jr. (8 unrecorded)
Mack Reynolds (8 unrecorded)
Miles J. Breuer (10 unrecorded)
Noel M. Loomis (9 unrecorded)
R. R. Winterbotham (11 unrecorded)
Randall Garrett (15 + 4 with Robert Silverberg unrecorded)
Robert Abernathy (8 unrecorded)
Robert F. Young (8 unrecorded)
Robert Moore Williams (11 unrecorded)
Robert Silverberg (10 + 4 with Randall Garrett unrecorded)
Roger D. Aycock (12 unrecorded)
Stephen Marlowe (23 unrecorded)
Winston K. Marks (17 unrecorded)
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

I also just did another fairly significant update that includes all the stories from Jan. through Aug. of 1929 Amazing Stories. Apparently Hugo Gernsback registered all of them using a 1927 copyright date (as reflected on the table of contents), so they're fair game!
gweeks

Post by gweeks »

Crisis! by Cecil Corwin
https://gutenberg.org/ebooks/73178

This is really C.M. Kornbluth

Greg
carolestewart

Post by carolestewart »

I am so glad I stumbled upon this post! Now I feel I know where to begin!
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

The first post has been updated with a bunch of stories added to Project Gutenberg!