Greetings from the Waterberg, South Africa.

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Elluuseewhy

Post by Elluuseewhy »

What a wonderful wholesome community of genuinely generous humans this seems to be! You have all given me a greater sense of faith in humanity.

I’ve found in general there’s usually just a whole load of superficial nonsense out here on the internet, but this… this is meaningful, this has depth and purpose ! This is something I want to be a part of.

Like many of you, I am a mother who has spent countless hours reading to and with my precious children. These times of reading have been a steady comfort throughout our lives and we have all learnt so much about life and living and existence through the eyes of these interesting authors.

But alas, all children must grow, my oldest now a few short years away from carving her own place in the world and my youngest fast approaching his teen years, moments of reading together are becoming few and far between and Time is stealing from me my wide eyed listeners.

Enter… Librivox! How wonderful that I can, through this platform continue to read as if Time never even existed. Beautiful old books and stories, the kind that I have collected and treasured since my own childhood.

My voice has been cause for some insecurities since my younger years as it is somewhat unique. It’s a case of either love it or hate it… 🤷‍♀️ but my husband and children seem to think it’s worth listening to, so I’ll give it a go.

We moved out of the city to a game farm in the African bush-veld just over a year ago, a move that has filled my soul with joy and contentment. Surrounded by a forest of natural trees at the foot of our very own little mountain, wild with gentle African creatures and the occasional leopard, snake or spider to get the adrenaline rushing.

In South Africa, power cuts (loadshedding) being an issue, we do have the constant hum of inverters throughout the house, which may prove troublesome with regard to background noise whilst recording, but I will work on my technical skills and will in time diy some soundproofing to create a worthy recording space.

Thank you for the opportunity to join this worthwhile cause. I’ve claimed my first chapter and am looking forward to getting started.