COMPLETE Short Science Fiction Collection 093 - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

This project is complete and all audio files can be found in the catalogue: https://librivox.org/short-science-fiction-collection-093-by-various/

Science fiction is a genre encompassing imaginative works that take place in this world or that of the author’s creation where anything is possible. The only rules are those set forth by the author. The speculative nature of the genre inspires thought and plants seeds that have led to advances in science. The genre can spark an interest in the sciences and is cited as the impetus for the career choice of many scientists. It is a playing field to explore social perspectives, predictions of the future, and engage in adventures unbound into the richness of the human mind. (Summary by A. Gramour)

• This collection is for science fiction stories of less than 75 minutes in duration that are in the Public Domain(with expired copyright, or published during or before 1927). Gutenberg plain text, us-ascii, uncompressed files of less than 80 KB or 10,500 story words can generally be read in less than 75 minutes. If the story exceeds this length, it may be necessary to split the story into multiple parts.
    Claiming stories is unnecessary (duplicates are held for future collections)

Finding Texts:
    Unrecorded Pulp Sci-fi can be found in this thread: viewtopic.php?p=2194408#p2194408
    Librivox threads on Science fiction in the public domain and the new arrivals in PG can be found here: List of Early Science Fiction and More Recent Sci Fi.
    Project Gutenberg’s Science Fiction Bookshelf is a good starting point.
    Project Gutenberg continues to add science fiction magazines such as The Galaxy and Astounding Stories. There you can view the fantastic covers and illustrations that accompany the stories.
    The Science Fiction Short Stories Science Fiction Short Stories page shows stories that can be read in less than 60 minutes.

File Requirements:
    • Recording must be a mono MP3 file with a sample rate of 44.1 kHz and a bit rate of 128 Kbps.

• File name must be formatted entirely in lower case letters and use under-bars to separate values as in:
    ssf093_titleinoneword_authorlastname_readersinitials_128kb.mp3 (e.g. ssf093_nightfall_asimov_abc_128kb.mp3) Exclude definite articles like “The” from the file name.

Recordings require 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the file.
    Beginning Announcement:
    “[story title] by [author]. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    You can then optionally say: "Recording by [your name]".
    Then repeat: "[Title], by [author]. Translated by [translator]."

Ending Announcement:
    "End of [title], by [author] Translated by [translator]."
    You can then optionally say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Recordings require 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file.

Posting completed recordings:
    • Send your completed recording to us by using the LibriVox Uploader
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
  • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Rapunzelina
  • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
  • For help with posting completed recordings see the How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

• Always post a message to this forum thread after a successful upload. The message must contain:
o The story title
o The author’s name
o The URL displayed by the LibriVox Uploader after the file has successfully uploaded
o The URL for the online version of the text. So there can be a choice of file format to download, please use the Gutenberg main page for the source such as https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/29975
o The duration of the recording
• If this is your first submission to the Short Science Fiction Collections please provide:
o Your name/pseudonym as you wish it to appear in the LibriVox catalog
o Your personal website URL (optional)
Check this forum thread frequently for messages pertaining to your story!

Level of prooflistening: standard

For help with recording issues see the LibriVox Newbie Guide to Recording.
For help with noise cleaning in your recordings see theNoise Cleaningpage of the LibriVox wiki.
More help with most anything can be found in Need Help?Got Advice? forum topic
Questions can be posted to this thread.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================
Genres for the project: Fantastic Fiction/Science Fiction
Keywords that describe the book: science fiction, short stories
========================================

Any questions?
Please post below.

"Life would have been absolutely empty without imagination."
-Jack Williamson
Last edited by flavo5000 on June 15th, 2023, 5:23 am, edited 6 times in total.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

I will DPL.
Christine
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

brownrottger wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 3:41 pm I will DPL.
Christine
Welcome aboard once again on this interstellar cruise into the deepest voids of space where the impossible becomes possible!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

flavo5000 wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 3:43 pm
brownrottger wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 3:41 pm I will DPL.
Christine
Welcome aboard once again on this interstellar cruise into the deepest voids of space where the impossible becomes possible!
:mrgreen:
Grothmann

Post by Grothmann »

Hi:

Nobody saw the Ship
by Murray Leinster
Read by Dale Grothmann
Time 55:08

Audio at: https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/ssf093_nobodysaw_leinster_dg_128kb.mp3

Text at: https://www.gutenberg.org/files/70392/70392-h/70392-h.htm

I thought this was interesting. And I like Murray Leinster (a pen name of William Fitzgerald Jenkins)

Enjoy
Dale
Grothmann

Post by Grothmann »

Hello:

Did I misread this?? Was someone starting a solo book, and I put a story in? Sorry.

Dale
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Grothmann wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 7:45 pm Hello:

Did I misread this?? Was someone starting a solo book, and I put a story in? Sorry.

Dale
No YOU DID RIGHT! The title is wrong. Flavo5000 (Ben) will be along shortly to put your story in the MW and then I'll get to listen!
Christine
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

Grothmann wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 7:45 pm Hello:

Dale
Nope. I'm just being dumb :lol:
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

Just FYI, to the admins, Phil won't be picking this one up as MC, so we'll need a new one to help us out. :)
tobester123

Post by tobester123 »

“Once you learn to read, you will be forever free.” - Frederick Douglas
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Can I just suggest that as Phil is not MCing this you both stop uploading to the wrong folder - you will only have to upload again probably.
Anne
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

annise wrote: April 26th, 2023, 3:18 am Can I just suggest that as Phil is not MCing this you both stop uploading to the wrong folder - you will only have to upload again probably.
Anne
Sorry, my fault. I copy and pasted sections from the previous collection and didn't remove Phil's name when he told me he wasn't going to MC this one.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I'll set this up with a Magic Window and move the files to my folder. I will post again soon.