Looking for a young female reader [NOT LV]

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
hildyvw

Post by hildyvw »

I just published a nonfiction book and am looking for a young female voice to record it. It took everything in me to relive these events, and I can't seem to be able to relive them. I am looking for a young female voice to read it. Thank you very much. BAREFOOT TO FREEDOM
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Hi there and welcome to LV!

While we're not really a platform to look for readers, we do get the occasional request like this.

It helps to give more details to find somebody interested:
- What is the book about?
- How long is it (pages, but word count is even better)?
- Any special requests to the reader - you already said "young female", but would you prefer a neutral English voice (UK, US, Australian) or somebody with an accent...?
- How much are you willing to pay, if anything?

Good luck with your search!

If there are no bites here, you can always try audible.com, where they are specifically set up for authors to find readers for their books.
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
hildyvw

Post by hildyvw »

It is a nonfiction about the occupation of the Peruvian Embassy events in 1980, Habana Cuba. I was 14 and amongst over 10,000 people who shared 28,000 square foot place. It is titled "Barefoot To Freedom"/ It is written in a first-person narrative. It took everything in me to relieve this, and recording it's very difficult for me.
SteviLeeAlver

Post by SteviLeeAlver »

Hi Hildy, I am open to discussing this with you. However, I’m Australian. Perhaps my accent wouldn’t be a good fit? Let me know your thoughts.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Just to make it clear - it would be a private arrangement and LV would not be available to help or to host any of the recordings - we must obey the copyright laws of the USA and we are unable to deal with self-published books - we don't have highly qualified international copyright lawyers .
So we just play safe. And sail through the sea of sharks :D
There are many worthwhile books that we are unable to host - but that is the way it is.

Anne
hildyvw

Post by hildyvw »

Thank you for your interest, It is a young girl, 14 years old, she doesn't have to have an accent but she is Hispanic. This is an original book and an original story written by the author; there are no copyright issues problems.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Sorry but there are copyright problems - not for the writer but there are for the reader, I need to be sure that she understands it can not and will not be part of our catalogue as she also is new to LibriVox Any arrangements need to via Email between the 2 of you

I wish you good luck, writing can be a help with an acceptance of life's unfairness - it must have been very frightening.

Anne
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I searched for the book.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/barefoot-to-freedom-hilda-valenzuela-wendtland/1143325589 which was published in 02/2023

Anne
hildyvw

Post by hildyvw »

It took everything in me to relive it. Thank you very much, You can download it in KDP, I am looking for a female young voice that can give it life. I tried and I can't do it.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

What is KDP ? What did you want to do with the audiobook and what does your publisher say ?
The link I gave is to the published copy which is being sold , surely they hold the copyright on it ?
hildyvw

Post by hildyvw »

KDP is Amazon self-publishing. I published it on Barnes and Noble too. There is no publisher. This is the reason I self-published. The publisher that approached me disagreed with me on many issues about the story.