~(Editing) [DR] The Third Violet by Stephen Crane - thw

Plays and other dramatic works
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Ok, I've listened to Chapters 1 and 2. Chapter 1 is PL OK.

Couple of notes for Chapter 2:
  • The first post provides information about the intro for the characters and for the narrator, but not for the chapters. I hear the longer intro for the first chapter, but the abbreviated version for Chapter 2. Is that ok? And will subsequent chapters also have the abbreviated intro? (As you may be able to tell, this is my first DR PL. Have done lots of other PLing, and some parts-PLing, but never finished product.)
  • At 1:56, I hear “In a whirlwind of ejaculation and unanswerable interrogation they trampled the clothes case, the paint-box, the easel, and dragged him toward the house.” But the original reads ““In a whirlwind of ejaculation and unanswerable interrogation they grappled the clothes case,…” I think this has rather a different meaning; if they trampled it presumably they’d have left it behind, but if they grapple it, they’re dragging it, along with him, up to the house. I think this could use fixing.
Everything else sounds good. This is also my first time listening to a dramatic reading of a novel. I like it!

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Chapter 7 is PL OK.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Winnifred wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 6:30 pm Ok, I've listened to Chapters 1 and 2. Chapter 1 is PL OK.

Couple of notes for Chapter 2:
  • The first post provides information about the intro for the characters and for the narrator, but not for the chapters. I hear the longer intro for the first chapter, but the abbreviated version for Chapter 2. Is that ok? And will subsequent chapters also have the abbreviated intro? (As you may be able to tell, this is my first DR PL. Have done lots of other PLing, and some parts-PLing, but never finished product.)
  • At 1:56, I hear “In a whirlwind of ejaculation and unanswerable interrogation they trampled the clothes case, the paint-box, the easel, and dragged him toward the house.” But the original reads ““In a whirlwind of ejaculation and unanswerable interrogation they grappled the clothes case,…” I think this has rather a different meaning; if they trampled it presumably they’d have left it behind, but if they grapple it, they’re dragging it, along with him, up to the house. I think this could use fixing.
Everything else sounds good. This is also my first time listening to a dramatic reading of a novel. I like it!

Cheers,
Thank you so much!

To answer your questions, yes, the abbreviated intro will be used for all chapters following the first. Essentially, I just plopped the cast list for the entire book into Chapter 1 and then will get into the thick of things in each subsequent chapter.

The error in Chapter 2, on the other hand, needs to be fixed. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll re-record as soon as I'm feeling better (currently a little sick). Thanks for your help!
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Hi Chuck,

I could PL some more chapters if you like. I was trying to figure out which ones had been done already. I see this post back in September, which suggests that Chapter 13 has already been PL'd, but it's not yet marked PL OK in the MW? Were there maybe changes after that?

I could tackle 11, 15, 19, 20, and 29. And 13 if it isn't already done. I've read for all the other completed ones, so I can't do those.

Just let me know if you want me to go ahead. These don't take me long now that I've got the hang of it.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Winnifred wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 10:08 pm Hi Chuck,

I could PL some more chapters if you like. I was trying to figure out which ones had been done already. I see this post back in September, which suggests that Chapter 13 has already been PL'd, but it's not yet marked PL OK in the MW? Were there maybe changes after that?

I could tackle 11, 15, 19, 20, and 29. And 13 if it isn't already done. I've read for all the other completed ones, so I can't do those.

Just let me know if you want me to go ahead. These don't take me long now that I've got the hang of it.

Cheers,
Thanks for the reminder — I’ve amended the MW and would definitely welcome whatever help you can offer. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

PROJECTS
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

I've now PL'd Chapters 11, 15, 16, and 19. All are PL OK.

My only comment is that a couple of the times listed in the MW need tweaking: Chapter 15 should be 8:33 rather than 8:23, and the time on Chapter 19 should be rounded up to 11:22.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Winnifred wrote: March 9th, 2024, 6:24 pm I've now PL'd Chapters 11, 15, 16, and 19. All are PL OK.

My only comment is that a couple of the times listed in the MW need tweaking: Chapter 15 should be 8:33 rather than 8:23, and the time on Chapter 19 should be rounded up to 11:22.

Cheers,
Interesting! Gonna have to check those times and see what the discrepancy is all about. Either way, thank you so much. I'll be sure to remind Todd to add you as one of the DPLs once we're finished.
PROJECTS
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Chapters 20 and 29 are PL OK.

I've now PL'd all the chapters I could (1, 2, 11, 15, 16, 19, 20, 29; only the first two of these are marked as PL'd in the MW). The remaining chapters are ones I read for.

I can come back and spot PL once you've made any changes needed.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Winnifred wrote: March 11th, 2024, 5:05 pm Chapters 20 and 29 are PL OK.

I've now PL'd all the chapters I could (1, 2, 11, 15, 16, 19, 20, 29; only the first two of these are marked as PL'd in the MW). The remaining chapters are ones I read for.

I can come back and spot PL once you've made any changes needed.

Cheers,
YAAAAAAY.

Thank you so much! Just updated the MW. I'm going to try finishing this off by the end of the week. :-)
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

PROJECTS
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Here is the missing line you asked for, Chuck.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thirdviolet_pennoyer_line_21.mp3
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

silverquill wrote: March 12th, 2024, 10:42 pm Here is the missing line you asked for, Chuck.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thirdviolet_pennoyer_line_21.mp3
Thanks! And now I can officially upload Chapter 21! I appreciate the quick turnaround time... and again, sorry!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thirdviolet_21_crane_128kb.mp3 [9:32]
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

PROJECTS