Hi everyone!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
GwynD

Post by GwynD »

I found out about Librivox when I was researching voice acting and narration. I don't have a lot to say about myself other than I love reading to my kids...they are mostly my full time job right now because I homeschool, but in my spare time I love to record in what I call my studio because it sounds better than my closet (what it actually is) :lol: I'm still very new to the recording and editing side of things, but I'm super excited for the opportunity to collaborate with others who also love narrating!

I'm a little intimidated on where to start, but I imagine everything will start to make more sense the more time I spend here :D I've been reading a lot about all of the steps and everything. I also hope to be able to contribute in other ways as well once I get a good feel for how things run around here. Thanks for the opportunity!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

GwynD wrote: March 29th, 2023, 2:38 pm I found out about Librivox when I was researching voice acting and narration. I don't have a lot to say about myself other than I love reading to my kids...they are mostly my full time job right now because I homeschool, but in my spare time I love to record in what I call my studio because it sounds better than my closet (what it actually is) :lol: I'm still very new to the recording and editing side of things, but I'm super excited for the opportunity to collaborate with others who also love narrating!

I'm a little intimidated on where to start, but I imagine everything will start to make more sense the more time I spend here :D I've been reading a lot about all of the steps and everything. I also hope to be able to contribute in other ways as well once I get a good feel for how things run around here. Thanks for the opportunity!

Hi! Welcome here! May I suggest you go here first viewforum.php?f=18 then post your one minute test and get approval (here's the link for that http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test) and THEN sign up for a chapter in one of the books you will find in the Readers Wanted thread. After your one minute test is approved, I hope you will consider doing a chapter, or more, in the books listed below which you can access by clicking on the links below!
Best,
Christine