Pensées by Pascal: Low volume Latin quotes (section 5)

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
SowasVon

Post by SowasVon »

Project: https://librivox.org/pensees_by_blaise_pascal/

Two readers share this project, one of them reads only the Latin quotes. In section 5, all of her quotes are at a super low volume. I hope this would be visible in the waveform - but if you need time stamps, let me know and I'll look for them.
I'm currently on mobile, so right now, it would be hard to quickly find all the spots.

Edit: Back at my PC, timestamps below.
2:09 - 2:15
2:55 - 2:58
4:29 - 4:33
5:50 - 5:52
6:12 - 6:15
9:33 - 9:36
11:54 - 11:57
18:14 - 18:17
24:12 - 24:17
Also, these would have to be re-recorded. I tried amplifying it, but: The volume is so low while having normal levels of ambient noise that if you amplify it to audible levels, the noise is super loud and you still can't understand what is being said.
(I wonder how this could happen at all - it sounds as though the main reader played the Latin clips in real time when recording the section, and they were caught by his microphone off of his headset or PC speakers. Otherwise, I don't understand how they can have the same ambient noise as the rest of the section.)
"You're on Librivox? Pffft. You just like to hear yourself talk."
"Yuuuup." :mrgreen:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Yeah, I don't think that can be fixed without finding a new reader for the Latin.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine