[COMPLETE] Ladies Whose Bright Eyes, by Ford Madox Ford - loa

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mummibee

Post by mummibee »

I'm so sorry, but would someone like to take on my section 16? I don't think I'll be able to complete it on time. Thank you and apologies once again!
Belinda
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

mummibee wrote: February 20th, 2024, 8:37 pm I'm so sorry, but would someone like to take on my section 16? I don't think I'll be able to complete it on time. Thank you and apologies once again!
No apology needed, things come up! :) If you just need a little extra time, I'll be happy to give you an extension.
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
mummibee

Post by mummibee »

I could get it done by mid next week if that's ok? I really would like to do this still!
Scarbo wrote: February 21st, 2024, 4:32 pm
mummibee wrote: February 20th, 2024, 8:37 pm I'm so sorry, but would someone like to take on my section 16? I don't think I'll be able to complete it on time. Thank you and apologies once again!
No apology needed, things come up! :) If you just need a little extra time, I'll be happy to give you an extension.
Belinda
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

mummibee wrote: February 25th, 2024, 7:36 pm I could get it done by mid next week if that's ok? I really would like to do this still!
Sure thing! And no rush, if it takes a little longer, that's fine too. :)
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
mummibee

Post by mummibee »

Belinda
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

mummibee wrote: March 4th, 2024, 7:50 pm Here it is, section 16:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/ladieswhosebrighteyes_16_ford_128kb.mp3
Length 27:03
Thank you for section 16! It's very nicely done, and I enjoyed your expressive reading style. I have just a few PL notes:

- At 7:43, "the gardens are no more cultivated," I hear "the guards are no more cultivated"
- At 22:15, "for she was too stately and proud to consort with the wives of the citizens of that town," I hear "for she was too stoutly and proud to consort with the wives of the citizens of that town"

Sarah
mummibee

Post by mummibee »

Scarbo wrote: March 5th, 2024, 4:56 pm
mummibee wrote: March 4th, 2024, 7:50 pm Here it is, section 16:
Length 27:03
I have just a few PL notes:

- At 7:43, "the gardens are no more cultivated," I hear "the guards are no more cultivated"
- At 22:15, "for she was too stately and proud to consort with the wives of the citizens of that town," I hear "for she was too stoutly and proud to consort with the wives of the citizens of that town"
Here is the edited version!
Length 27:04
Belinda
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

mummibee wrote: March 5th, 2024, 7:08 pm Here is the edited version!
Length 27:04
PL OK! Thank you!

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

And that makes this project ready for cataloging! Bernd, when you have a chance to catalog, could you use the summary that's currently in the first post? I had to revise it a few times. Thank you!

Sarah
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

I start cataloging.
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 7 Abschnitte frei
Sonnenuntergang - 2 Rollen frei
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

:clap: :clap: :clap: Congratulations on the finished audio book. :clap: :clap: :clap:

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/ladies-whose-bright-eyes-a-romance-1911-version-by-ford-madox-ford/

It was a pleasure to worked with you. :9:
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 7 Abschnitte frei
Sonnenuntergang - 2 Rollen frei
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thank you, Bernd, and thank you, readers! :clap: :clap: :clap:

If you enjoyed reading for this project, check back with me in 7-8 years! I just might launch a group project for the 1935 version of this novel when it enters the public domain. :lol:

Sarah