[COMPLETE] Ladies Whose Bright Eyes, by Ford Madox Ford - loa

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

Scarbo wrote: September 20th, 2023, 4:39 pm Thank you! There's just one quick change to make, and then this chapter will be good to go: at 6:12, "It would cause him to be chaffed for the rest of his life," I hear "It would cause him to be shaft for the rest of his life." A ch- sound as in "chat" will help the meaning to be clear to listeners.

Hmm, I'm afraid I don't know what might be happening in Audacity, but I've run into that a few times before, so I'm curious about what's causing it. I thought it might have to do with hitting ctrl+A, then possibly somehow accidentally holding left-click down while the file is selected so that a few seconds shift out of frame, but I couldn't replicate it in Audacity.
https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/ladieswhosebrighteyes_07_ford_128kb.mp3

Thanks again Scarbo - that's the reason I swing into your PL projects whenever I can - you call me out on my lazy 'ch's and 'f's' that sound like 'sh's' and 'v's' but that my ears (and some PL's I fear) just let go. A too lenient PL never a great narrator made!

I'll let you know if I ever figure out that 'shifting waveform' issue. It's been going on for months now (always during editing I think) so I keep bouncing back to the beginning whenever I do something involved or unusual, hoping to catch it "red handed' if you will so I can 'undo' back and pinpoint the action that caused it. Of course 95% of the time it's fine, it only sneaks in when I'm not thinking about it. (Like a sneaky rodent) so have been unable to catch it. It MIGHT have something to do with a 'loop' feature, but that's way beyond me.
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

BrizeCrize wrote: September 22nd, 2023, 6:08 am https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/ladieswhosebrighteyes_07_ford_128kb.mp3

Thanks again Scarbo - that's the reason I swing into your PL projects whenever I can - you call me out on my lazy 'ch's and 'f's' that sound like 'sh's' and 'v's' but that my ears (and some PL's I fear) just let go. A too lenient PL never a great narrator made!

I'll let you know if I ever figure out that 'shifting waveform' issue. It's been going on for months now (always during editing I think) so I keep bouncing back to the beginning whenever I do something involved or unusual, hoping to catch it "red handed' if you will so I can 'undo' back and pinpoint the action that caused it. Of course 95% of the time it's fine, it only sneaks in when I'm not thinking about it. (Like a sneaky rodent) so have been unable to catch it. It MIGHT have something to do with a 'loop' feature, but that's way beyond me.
PL OK! Thank you!

Good luck pinpointing the cause of the shifting waveform! If you find out what it is, I'd be curious to know for when I run into it while PLing for other readers.
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

brownrottger wrote: September 26th, 2023, 6:24 pm Hello Sarah! Here is Section 8:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/ladieswhosebrighteyes_08_ford_128kb.mp3 35:29
Thank you for section 8! It sounds great, as always. The only note I have is that at 6:19, "which seemed to him very much to resemble the Provençal that he had heard when he was inspecting a tin mine in the South of France," you say "which seemed to him very much to resemble the Provençal that he had learned when he was inspecting a tin mine in the South of France."
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Hi Sarah, The edit to Section 8 has been made. Length is 35:28.
Best,
Christine
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

brownrottger wrote: September 29th, 2023, 6:45 pm Hi Sarah, The edit to Section 8 has been made. Length is 35:28.
Best,
Christine
PL OK! Thank you!

Sarah
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Good Morning Sarah, Here is Section 9 which has been uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/ladieswhosebrighteyes_09_ford_128kb.mp3 44:56
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thank you, Christine! I wasn't able to finish PLing today, but I should be able to listen to all of section 9 by tomorrow.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

brownrottger wrote: October 25th, 2023, 4:32 am Good Morning Sarah, Here is Section 9 which has been uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lorda/ladieswhosebrighteyes_09_ford_128kb.mp3 44:56
Thanks again for section 9! Nicely done, as always. I have just two notes:

- At 13:20, "But so vigorous is our lady and mistress in her determination to set her face against all new and gentle usages that I must be gone, leaving you to anoint and tend yourself," could you include the line "determination to set her face against all new and gentle usages that I must be gone"?
- At 37:23, "and from within, round the hinder sides," I hear "and from within, round the tinder sides"

Edited to add: Whoops, I left out one thing: I'm seeing that the volume is 94.3 dB. Could you lower it to within the target range?

Sarah
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Scarbo wrote: October 26th, 2023, 4:31 pm
brownrottger wrote: October 25th, 2023, 4:32 am Good Morning Sarah, Here is Section 9 which has been uploaded.

- At 13:20, "But so vigorous is our lady and mistress in her determination to set her face against all new and gentle usages that I must be gone, leaving you to anoint and tend yourself," could you include the line "determination to set her face against all new and gentle usages that I must be gone"?
- At 37:23, "and from within, round the hinder sides," I hear "and from within, round the tinder sides"

Edited to add: Whoops, I left out one thing: I'm seeing that the volume is 94.3 dB. Could you lower it to within the target range?
Oh,goodness. I forgot to run it through the checker! Hope to fix this all todaay.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Scarbo wrote: October 26th, 2023, 4:31 pm

Section 9 has been edited and uploaded. New length 45:03
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

brownrottger wrote: October 27th, 2023, 10:08 am Section 9 has been edited and uploaded. New length 45:03
PL OK! Thank you!

Sarah
garyday

Post by garyday »

Please can I claim section 11. I haven't done any recordings for a few years, but have now retired and so I have more time to devote to this.
Many Thanks
Gary
Toby Tyler. Oh Money Money. Deerbrook. The Italian. The Minister's Wooing. The Poetry of South Africa by Alexander Wilmot, The Girls of St. Cyprians. Ladies Whose Bright Eyes.
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

garyday wrote: November 8th, 2023, 10:56 am Please can I claim section 11. I haven't done any recordings for a few years, but have now retired and so I have more time to devote to this.
Many Thanks
Gary
Certainly! Thank you for claiming!

Sarah
garyday

Post by garyday »

Toby Tyler. Oh Money Money. Deerbrook. The Italian. The Minister's Wooing. The Poetry of South Africa by Alexander Wilmot, The Girls of St. Cyprians. Ladies Whose Bright Eyes.