[Historical Fiction] Held Fast For England, by G. A. Henty - thw

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

(Why do we need 5 seconds of silence on every recording? Becuz some mp3 players will cut off early; something about the mp3 decode processing they do is always a couple seconds late - they need the silence so the processing will go all the way to the end of the meaningful recording content. The CD player in my wife's car does this cutoff thing and always misses the last couple words in each chapter. Maddening.)

Thanks, Todd
gracesilvey

Post by gracesilvey »

I fixed those edits and here is the new link and the duration. Let me know if I did everything correctly!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/heldfastforengland_12_henty_128kb.mp3
Duration - 38:00

Thank you!😊 I was very relieved that I didn't have to rerecord and that the corrections were minimal!
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

gracesilvey wrote: January 31st, 2024, 10:53 am I fixed those edits and here is the new link and the duration. Let me know if I did everything correctly!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/heldfastforengland_12_henty_128kb.mp3
Duration - 38:00

Thank you!😊 I was very relieved that I didn't have to rerecord and that the corrections were minimal!
File name is correct, duration checks out, and I see both of those changes in the uploaded file - section 12 gets the official Proof-Listener "OK"! :thumbs:
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
gracesilvey

Post by gracesilvey »

redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

That was quick! Thank you for the link and the file duration; I'll start PL tomorrow, and post back with any notes. :D
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

gracesilvey wrote: January 31st, 2024, 2:56 pm Great, thank you!

And here is chapter 13!😁

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/heldfastforengland_13_henty_128kb.mp3
37:51
Another well done! Just one note this time:
@27:35, I hear a repeat of "I can't find the man, senior"
gracesilvey

Post by gracesilvey »

redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

gracesilvey wrote: February 1st, 2024, 2:29 pm Sorry about that - here it is corrected!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/heldfastforengland_13_henty_128kb.mp3
37:49
Not at all, these things happen even when folks play very close attention, and that's exactly why we have our proof-listening process. Chapter 13 is now PL OK! :thumbs:
gracesilvey

Post by gracesilvey »

May I claim the next two sections - chapter 14 and 15a?😊
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

gracesilvey wrote: February 1st, 2024, 3:48 pm May I claim the next two sections - chapter 14 and 15a?😊
Certainly!
If you run into anything, have any questions about the division of chapter 15, etc., just let me know. :wink:
gracesilvey

Post by gracesilvey »

Thank you! I will not be able to record anything until next Tuesday, but I'll be back then and hopefully be able to get both of them to you! Have a great weekend!
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Chapters 8 and 9 are now open for claims.
gracesilvey

Post by gracesilvey »

redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

gracesilvey wrote: February 7th, 2024, 10:36 am Chapter 14 ready for PL!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/heldfastforengland_14_henty_128kb.mp3
Duration - 38:49
Thank you, it's now in my queue! I'll most likely have any notes for you tomorrow.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

gracesilvey wrote: February 7th, 2024, 10:36 am Chapter 14 ready for PL!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/heldfastforengland_14_henty_128kb.mp3
Duration - 38:49
Just one note again:
@23:19, missing the phrase "especially among the children"

Henty tends to write sentences that run on for an entire paragraph, but you've done an excellent job of navigating them! I'm also excited to hear about Miss Harcourt soon. :wink: