[Historical Fiction] Held Fast For England, by G. A. Henty - thw

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
mummibee

Post by mummibee »

I'd be happy to take section 9!
Belinda
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

mummibee wrote: March 1st, 2024, 1:54 pm I'd be happy to take section 9!
Thank you, section 9 is assigned! :mrgreen:
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
gracesilvey

Post by gracesilvey »

redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Thank you, queued for PL. :D
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

gracesilvey wrote: March 6th, 2024, 4:43 pm Chapter 16 ready for PL!
Chapter 16 is PL OK! :thumbs:

The Spanish generals sure seem determined, to put up with so many setbacks! :shock:
gracesilvey

Post by gracesilvey »

Wonderful!👍🏻😁

Haha, I know! There were several times I was so caught up in the story that I forgot I was recording!😂
gracesilvey

Post by gracesilvey »

May I have chapter 17, if that’s available?😊
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

gracesilvey wrote: March 27th, 2024, 6:51 am May I have chapter 17, if that’s available?😊
Yes! Chapter 17 is yours. :thumbs:
gracesilvey

Post by gracesilvey »

redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Queued for PL, thank you!
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

gracesilvey wrote: March 29th, 2024, 11:31 am Chapter 17 done!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/heldfastforengland_18_henty_128kb.mp3
35:36
I'm glad for how our heroes end up! Thanks for the final chapter, even if we still have a couple to go. :wink:

Two quick notes for you this time around:
@19:00, in "and the certainty expressed, about our capture, by the allied...", the "about our capture" bit seems like it was cut partway.
@beginning of file: there's just a tad under our 0.5 seconds minimum here, if you could copy/paste a smidge while you're at it. :wink:
gracesilvey

Post by gracesilvey »

Here is Chapter 17 with the corrections! I ended up rerecording the part in the middle and it kinda sounds a little different from the rest of the audio, so I hope that's not an issue!

35:37
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Alright! Spot-PL will likely be tomorrow, thank you.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

gracesilvey wrote: April 2nd, 2024, 3:25 pm Here is Chapter 17 with the corrections! I ended up rerecording the part in the middle and it kinda sounds a little different from the rest of the audio, so I hope that's not an issue!

35:37
No, not an issue! Chapter 17 is PL OK! :thumbs: