Looking Forward to the Adventure

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Finicle

Post by Finicle »

Hello All,

My name is Tom and I have just joined this forum. I am excited about the opportunity to lend my voice to some great stories. I have been listening to Old Time Radio for many years now and I feel that this is a great way to become a part of that in an indirect way. I generally listen to OTR and podcasts when I drive to and from work, so it was great to discover another resource for this kind of listening. It is only more recently that I have started listening to audiobooks and that experience lead me here.

I work in Audiovisual at a university, so this also gave me the excuse to buy a nice microphone for myself instead of just looking longingly at what we have at work. I can also sharpen my audio editing skills (which can certainly use some work).

My intent is to do some recording, but I am also going to try to do some proof listening.

Any tips that someone wants to share, I am always happy to get. My A/V experience is much more in Instructional Technology, so this is in many ways new to me. I look forward to the adventure.