COMPLETE: Daughter of the Sky: The Story of Amelia Earhardt, by Paul L. Briand, Jr. -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 25 is PL OK :thumbs:

How can there be no crashes or mishaps? :lol: Good for her, though!

But, I'm sooo confused: How was the sun wrong???
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Section 26 is ready for a listen
I just thought - since I asked that you add page numbers for Gertrtude Bell, would it be helpful to you if I did the same here?
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Oh, no worries on this one that way - it's easy to click the page link from the table of contents when I open the source. Unlike the Hathi sourcing, where there are no handy hyperlinks when you open the source. . .
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 26 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Thanks! 27 is up.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

And Section 27 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Thank you. Section 28 is ready for a listen.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

That was a very interesting chapter. I hadn't realized she'd taught at a university - and they bought her a plane! That's cool.

28 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Into the home stretch - part three. You know, I drive myself crazy when I do not maintain a consistent recording volume. It makes editing so much more time consuming. Oh ,well :roll: . Section 29 is up, and very interesting.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 29 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Great, thanks! Section 30 is up. Reading this kind of reminds me of teaching Romeo and Juliet for so many years. Despite the fact that you know how it ends, you can't help but harbor the tiniest of hopes that it will come out all right this time. Or is that just me? :lol:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

For me, it's a growing sense of Doom. :lol:

Probably compounded because my childhood-bestie-cousin is super into paragliding and now speedflying, and goes out alone many times a week over various mountains in Utah. The videos he's always posting are super cool, but he's just as blasé about risk concern as we keep seeing in this biography. So, yeah, I'm always just waiting to hear he's disappeared without a trace. :lol:

Section 30 is PL OK :thumbs:

Interesting about her precognitive friend!
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Thanks!
Regarding her precognitive friend: very skeptical, to be honest.
Section 31 is ready for a listen.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 31 is PL OK :thumbs:

I like how you handled the crossed-out portion of her log.

And there we go again with the devil-may-care behavior. . . . I mean, really, was any other outcome ever going to happen? (Just completely ignore your navigator) :?
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

True, but I don't think a reasonably cautious person would have even attempted these kinds of flights back in those days. I have not an ounce of dare devil blood in me, so I just want to go back in time and tell her to knock it off.
Section 32 is up!