COMPLETE: Daughter of the Sky: The Story of Amelia Earhardt, by Paul L. Briand, Jr. -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 5 is PL OK :thumbs:

and cracked me up!!
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Yeah, this book is nice and breezy. :) Section 6 is ready for a listen.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 6 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Thank you. 7 is up - but it is so ridiculously short that I think I might go ahead and do the next one, too.
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

There - as advertised, two for the price of one. Hope it turned out okay, as the number of distractions this morning is overwhelming. Either humorous or really irritating - trying to decide which.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

7 and 8 are both PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Section 9 is up.
My father was always rather disdainful of Earhardt, feeling that there were other female aviators of that era who were more deserving of fame than she, and that her fame was more or less a publicity stunt. Interesting to see that she felt the same way.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Can't blame her, either! Section 9 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Thanks! Section 10 is ready for a listen.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 10 is PL OK :thumbs:

I couldn't help snickering over the whole G. Putnam thing, and rather interesting (in light of her future disappearance and all the speculations regarding that) to see her approach to preparation for a major adventure.
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Section 11 is up. More hijinks.
Yes, hard to know what to make of her. On the one hand, she is brave and adventurous - on the other, quite thoughtless and impulsive. But maybe the one set of characteristics goes hand in hand with the other? Always having been a somewhat overly cautious person, I'm not sure I am a credible critic of her choices.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 11 is PL OK :thumbs:

Well.... I admit that even before this section, the light that this biography has been showing her actions/choices in has more than once brought the thought to mind that, "hmm.... not so hard to see that she ended up going missing as she did.... no big conspiracy theory support there."

I haven't known if that's a fair assessment, not seeing if she "matures" in her preparation/caution before the last trip, but yes - there is a pronounced lack of taking prudent precautions, let alone being prepared for the myriad of things that could be expected to go wrong. And then assigning it to fate or higher powers testing her.... ? My mind is far too pragmatic to take that attitude seriously. :|
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

It's like we're watching a perpetual teen doing stuff, versus an actuated adult. Is that fair? That's what it seems like so far.
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Yeah, and this tiny chapter is more of the same ! Section 12 is up.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Ha! I'm laughing, because: yeah! Her poor parents. They must have always worried about her. I imagine her mother thought that her disappearance was perfectly expected (without meaning to diminish its tragedy).

I'm absolutely certain she wasn't the only one like that at the time. Or any time - my 56yo cousin is exactly the same way with his hang gliders. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And Section 12 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -