COMPLETE: Daughter of the Sky: The Story of Amelia Earhardt, by Paul L. Briand, Jr. -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Amelia is back! Section 13 in the MW.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 13 is PL OK :thumbs:

I got a kick out of her magazine advice responses. :lol:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Yes, I can see why she was so popular. :)
Section 14 is up. In which our heroine crashes into more stuff.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

oh, dear, did everybody crash that much at the time? But it sure does make her fate seem inevitable.

Section 14 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Well, I have read several books on Lindbergh, and he certainly crashed a lot. But she does seem to have a special knack for it. And this chapter is no exception.
So get this - in this section, she is going around the country giving talks to women on the safety of air travel. :lol:
15 is up.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

OK. That *is* too funny. I can't decide which is funnier to me - that, or G.P. falling and breaking 3 ribs . . . :lol:
~Lynette * -
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

LCaulkins wrote: August 14th, 2023, 5:54 pm OK. That *is* too funny. I can't decide which is funnier to me - that, or G.P. falling and breaking 3 ribs . . . :lol:
15 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Section 16 is up. Prompted me to read a little more about Putnam. I think he was a more interesting person than I had given him credit for!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Yes, that was nice to have a little biographical passage about him. Must have been an interesting marriage, actually.

16 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Section 17 is up. How about that letter AE wrote to GP before their wedding, though. Geez.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 17 is PL OK :thumbs:

I'll have to text you about this past weekend. The irony of the timing with this was a bit of wry entertainment. :hmm:
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Ironic indeed...
Section 18 is up.
A nit-picky point (but were my father alive, he would want me to make it). The chapter implies that the first woman to fly around the world successfully was Ruth Nichols. She was a great pilot who set a lot of records, but I think the first woman to actually fly around the world solo was Jerrie Mock. That was Miss Galeazzi, teacher, speaking.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Section 18 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Thanks! Section 19 is now up.
You know, as fun as this book is to do, and how much I am appreciating a book with short sections, I can't help wondering what prompts him to end chapters as abruptly as he does. Did his wife call him to dinner? Is the ball game on the radio? :?
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hah! My vote is the ball game. . .

Section 19 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -