Derbyshire, Chesterfield, anyone? :D

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
than

Post by than »

i'm going to spend next few months in chesterfield... have you ever been there? maybe you live somewhere nearby? what is there to see? to go? to do? :D share you experience, please! :

it'll be my first time in uk.. gods, i'm so excited! you know, with me studying english and wanting to get to know english culture as well as possible, visiting uk is simply wonderful :D
[size=75]
I've never been quarantined, but the more I look around, the more I think it might not be a bad idea. - [b]george carlin[/b][/size]
CarlManchester

Post by CarlManchester »

American Psychology 1922-1947. It's the nearest thing to American Psycho that we are allowed to record.
Shurtagal

Post by Shurtagal »

Why is it twisted? Wiki only says why its bent.
Have you always wanted to act? Well Now you Can!! My Projects
than

Post by than »

on Chesterfield's website i found this:
"The Spire was 'twisted' when unseasoned wood was used during its construction. Then 32 tons of lead tiles were placed on top and as the timber dried out the weight of the lead twisted the spire" :)
[size=75]
I've never been quarantined, but the more I look around, the more I think it might not be a bad idea. - [b]george carlin[/b][/size]
Shurtagal

Post by Shurtagal »

Cool.
Have you always wanted to act? Well Now you Can!! My Projects
earthcalling

Post by earthcalling »

Welcome to the UK, than!

It would be nice to meet up with you on your way through London, if there's a chance. Or if you come down for a break from Chesterfield!

My dad went to school there. That was a loooong time ago. Heck, it's a long time since I went to school, let alone him! Nice countryside around there - the Peak District - good for walking.

David
than

Post by than »

thanks a lot, David :)
i'll certainly visit London some day - i'll try and let you know of the date beforehand. maybe it'll work out ;)

ow, ow, ow, 'm going tomorrow! :D only 25h in the bus :lol:
[size=75]