[solo] The Story of the Treasure Seekers by E. Nesbit - lt

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

ElizaZ wrote: ↑October 17th, 2023, 4:37 pm I have had some life conflicts come up and have to step down from the DPL role.
No problem. Not sure if the new soloist is continuing or not, anyway.
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Soloist is continuing; here is Chapter 4! Duration 8:59
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/thestoryofthetreasureseekers_04_nesbit_128kb.mp3
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-EarthπŸ§β€β™€οΈ, classicsπŸ“–, and artπŸŽ¨πŸ–Œ
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Bookworm360 wrote: ↑October 19th, 2023, 11:33 am Soloist is continuing; here is Chapter 4! Duration 8:59
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/thestoryofthetreasureseekers_04_nesbit_128kb.mp3
I have made you BC, so you can enter files into the MW. I have also made you the "poster" so you can edit the first post, including the summary.
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Thank you!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Chapter 4 PL OK

I suggest you slow down a bit...it was difficult to follow.
CuriousEntling

Post by CuriousEntling »

I'd like to DPL for this please!
-- Nicole
Sailing in a general... that way direction.

2023, 2024: Current Reads: Star Trek Voyager Ghost of a Chance, Welcoming Food, QiGong for Treating Common Ailments
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Chapter 5 is ready for PL!
CuriousEntling

Post by CuriousEntling »

Bookworm360 wrote: ↑November 30th, 2023, 12:12 pm Chapter 5 is ready for PL!
Hello Book! Glad to get to do this project with you, such a cute story, I need to go back and listen to the first few chapters! I was recently introduced to Nesbit via the Enchanted Castle which I found on Librivox earlier this year. :clap:

Also a middle earth fan here :clap: Well, "fan" is probably not the correct word, my husband and I named our daughter Elanor. Not for Sam's Elanor but just for the flower of Lothlorien. :9:

--
The only thing that I think requires editing on chapter 5 is around 1:17 where the background noise goes over the sound of your voice and the words are not heard.

Optional change: before that, back to about 1:00 and up to about 1:30 there's a bit of distracting background noise. If you don't choose to redo that, I'd say just keep an eye on it in future. :thumbs:

Optional change: At 8:00 there is a 4 db volume increase that's a bit jolting. Go back and listen to it, just to hear for yourself, I think it's ok to leave as is for now, but def keep in mind in future. It kinda sounds like you got up and came back and maybe were closer to the mic when you sat back down.

I'll also echo Lynnet's reminder to slow down. I struggle with this as well. What I do to combat this is to keep in my mind while I'm reading, a singer who really relishes and savors each each and every word that they sing. Julie Andrews and Nat King Cole come to mind. They celebrate each word and as I hear them in my mind as I read, it helps me slow down just enough. That's just what I do.

Sorry to ramble long. Overall I loved listening and can't wait to hear what happens next! Thanks SO much for taking on this lovely project and happy Sunday to you!
-- Nicole

2023, 2024: Current Reads: Star Trek Voyager Ghost of a Chance, Welcoming Food, QiGong for Treating Common Ailments
CuriousEntling

Post by CuriousEntling »

Lynnet wrote:
Hi Lynnet! Would you mind giving me DPL permissions when you get a chance? Thanks!
-- Nicole

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

CuriousEntling wrote: ↑December 3rd, 2023, 2:12 pm
Hi Lynnet! Would you mind giving me DPL permissions when you get a chance? Thanks!
Sorry… I missed where the soloist gave the nod. It’s always the BC/soloist who approves a DPL.
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

CuriousEntling wrote: ↑December 3rd, 2023, 2:11 pm
Bookworm360 wrote: ↑November 30th, 2023, 12:12 pm Chapter 5 is ready for PL!
Hello Book! Glad to get to do this project with you, such a cute story, I need to go back and listen to the first few chapters! I was recently introduced to Nesbit via the Enchanted Castle which I found on Librivox earlier this year. :clap:

Also a middle earth fan here :clap: Well, "fan" is probably not the correct word, my husband and I named our daughter Elanor. Not for Sam's Elanor but just for the flower of Lothlorien. :9:

--
The only thing that I think requires editing on chapter 5 is around 1:17 where the background noise goes over the sound of your voice and the words are not heard.

Optional change: before that, back to about 1:00 and up to about 1:30 there's a bit of distracting background noise. If you don't choose to redo that, I'd say just keep an eye on it in future. :thumbs:

Optional change: At 8:00 there is a 4 db volume increase that's a bit jolting. Go back and listen to it, just to hear for yourself, I think it's ok to leave as is for now, but def keep in mind in future. It kinda sounds like you got up and came back and maybe were closer to the mic when you sat back down.

I'll also echo Lynnet's reminder to slow down. I struggle with this as well. What I do to combat this is to keep in my mind while I'm reading, a singer who really relishes and savors each each and every word that they sing. Julie Andrews and Nat King Cole come to mind. They celebrate each word and as I hear them in my mind as I read, it helps me slow down just enough. That's just what I do.

Sorry to ramble long. Overall I loved listening and can't wait to hear what happens next! Thanks SO much for taking on this lovely project and happy Sunday to you!
Hello Entling! Thank you for all your great feedback. By the time you read this I will have uploaded the file with the changes. The tip for slowing down one's voice speed is most gratefully accepted and will be implemented in the future. Hopefully the next chapter(which is now uploaded as well) is better! Actually I might have started recording with the computer default and then realized it. Do you think I should re-record it so everything is consistent? Thanks again, fellow peruser of the worlds of Tolkien! (P.S.Great baby name by the way! It may appear on one of my own when she comes in the far future :D )
CuriousEntling

Post by CuriousEntling »

Bookworm360 wrote: ↑December 6th, 2023, 5:00 pm
Hello Entling! Thank you for all your great feedback. By the time you read this I will have uploaded the file with the changes. The tip for slowing down one's voice speed is most gratefully accepted and will be implemented in the future. Hopefully the next chapter(which is now uploaded as well) is better! Actually I might have started recording with the computer default and then realized it. Do you think I should re-record it so everything is consistent? Thanks again, fellow peruser of the worlds of Tolkien! (P.S.Great baby name by the way! It may appear on one of my own when she comes in the far future :D )
Hello Book!
Chapter 5: I see that you fixed the one phrase, so that sounds great. Would you please also redo the phrase "So Oswald wrote, Oswald Bastable." at 1:18

Chapter 6: The reading speed was lovely, made for easy listening! Bravo! Keep up the good work!

I noticed that there were two longer-than-normal pauses that need to be clipped out:
Around 0:46 "Especially the parts that aren't near Grennich, [2 second pause] the parts near the heath are first rate."
And 4:45 "She was like a China doll, the 6 penny kind. [5 second pause] She had a white face..."

Also, the checker program (I assume you're familiar with the checker program but let me know if you're not and I'll find the info on it) says the recording is 3 db too quiet, so if you can just pop that up that'd be great!

I love that Noel got his princess and I hope she comes back in the story :clap: and I can't wait to hear what they try next! :D
-- Nicole

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Please remember that it is the soloist’s decision whether or not to do edits suggested by the dpl. 8-)
CuriousEntling

Post by CuriousEntling »

Lynnet wrote: ↑December 7th, 2023, 9:54 pm Please remember that it is the soloist’s decision whether or not to do edits suggested by the dpl. 8-)
Will do, thanks! :mrgreen:
-- Nicole

Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

Edits have been made!