[FICTION] The Dark Star by Robert W. Chambers -jo

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Kenilee18

Post by Kenilee18 »

Scarbo wrote: November 15th, 2023, 6:27 pm
Kenilee18 wrote: November 14th, 2023, 8:32 am Hi!

Here is section 34, ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/darkstar_34_chambers_128kb.mp3

31:42

I'll keep an eye out for notes!

Thank you,
Kendra
Thanks again for this chapter! It's very nicely done, and I enjoyed the characters' accents. I have just a few notes:

- At 8:46, "and he looked up and saw the first sunbeam painting a chimney top with palest gold," I hear "and he looked up and saw the first sunbeam painting a chimney top with palaced gold"
- At 10:48, "Would you like to have a cat for your lively ménage?" I hear "Would you like to have a cat for your lovely ménage?"
Thank you for your notes! Here is a revised section 34:

Thanks again,
Kendra
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thank you for chapter 25, yoricksskull! I should be able to have it PL'd by the end of tomorrow.
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Kenilee18 wrote: November 16th, 2023, 1:38 pm Thank you for your notes! Here is a revised section 34:

Thanks again,
Kendra
PL OK! Thank you!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thanks again for this chapter! It's very nicely done, and Princess Mistchenka's accent is a nice touch. I have just a few notes:

- At 1:41, "As he pressed onward he witnessed characteristic reunions between voyagers and friends who awaited them," you say "As he pressed onward he witnessed characteristic reunions between young voyagers and friends who awaited them"
- At 11:24, "but the sort of half-scared exhilaration a man feels," I hear "but what sort of half-scared exhilaration a man feels"
- At 13:04, "he asked blandly," I hear "he asked blindly"

Sarah
PotaszNC

Post by PotaszNC »

Hello!

I would like to request the assignment of Chapter 31, if at all possible.
Thank you!
This post is property of PotaszNC! All trespassers will be looked at and ran away from!
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

PotaszNC wrote: November 20th, 2023, 10:54 am Hello!

I would like to request the assignment of Chapter 31, if at all possible.
Thank you!
It's certainly possible! Thank you for claiming!

Sarah
BritishNickVO

Post by BritishNickVO »

Here is Chapter 11 THe Breakers with the edits requested:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/darkstar_11_chambers_128kp.mp3

Length: 19:05

best
Nick
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

BritishNickVO wrote: November 24th, 2023, 1:25 pm Here is Chapter 11 THe Breakers with the edits requested:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/darkstar_11_chambers_128kp.mp3

Length: 19:05

best
Nick
Thank you! There's just one quick edit to make and then you'll be all set: at 15:09, "asking the direction of the railroad station from which trains departed for Gayfield," you say "asking the direction of the railroad from which trains departed for Gayfield."

Sarah
teesaloveless

Post by teesaloveless »

I've had a look and the book looks interesting.
May I claim Chapter 15 and 28?
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

teesaloveless wrote: November 25th, 2023, 6:38 pm I've had a look and the book looks interesting.
May I claim Chapter 15 and 28?
It's definitely an exciting story. Welcome to LV! :) Chapters 15 and 28 are somewhat lengthy for a new reader at about 25-40 minutes each, but since I see that you have prior recording experience, I've signed you up for both. Thank you for claiming!

Before you start recording, I'd strongly recommend completing a 1-minute test. It's not an audition, it's just a way to make sure that your recording software specs are set up correctly and to check for any sound problems.

If you have questions about anything, I'll be happy to help!

Sarah
Kenilee18

Post by Kenilee18 »

Hi!

Here is chapter 35, ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/darkstar_35_chambers_128kb.mp3

24:37

I'll keep a look out for notes!

Thank you,
Kendra
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thank you, Kendra! I wasn't able to finish PLing today, but I should be by the end of tomorrow.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Kenilee18 wrote: November 27th, 2023, 2:51 pm Hi!

Here is chapter 35, ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/darkstar_35_chambers_128kb.mp3

24:37

I'll keep a look out for notes!

Thank you,
Kendra
Thanks again for chapter 35! It's PL OK.

Sarah
kokopetey

Post by kokopetey »

Hi Jo,

I am new to librivox and would like to try a chapter of Dark Star. I am using an iPad for recording and just submitted my test. Please let me know next steps.

Thank you,

Pete
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Pete. Welcome to LibriVox. I am the MC (meta coordinator) here which means I do the behind the scenes stuff like setting up and cataloging the project. Scarbo is the Book Coordinator (BC). BC's assign readers for their own projects. :)

If you have uploaded a test, you need to post the link from the uploader in a new thread over in this thread: Post Your 1-Minute Test Recording Here: viewforum.php?f=21 Someone will be along to listen and check the specs. It's fine to claim a section in the meantime, but please wait to get an OK on your test before starting to record chapters in projects. :)
Jo