[FICTION] The Dark Star by Robert W. Chambers -jo

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
teesaloveless

Post by teesaloveless »

Scarbo wrote: November 26th, 2023, 4:30 am
teesaloveless wrote: November 25th, 2023, 6:38 pm I've had a look and the book looks interesting.
May I claim Chapter 15 and 28?
It's definitely an exciting story. Welcome to LV! :) Chapters 15 and 28 are somewhat lengthy for a new reader at about 25-40 minutes each, but since I see that you have prior recording experience, I've signed you up for both. Thank you for claiming!

Before you start recording, I'd strongly recommend completing a 1-minute test. It's not an audition, it's just a way to make sure that your recording software specs are set up correctly and to check for any sound problems.

If you have questions about anything, I'll be happy to help!

Sorry it took me so long to get to this test. I'm glad you asked me to do this. My first recording was much too low.

Here is the link to my test.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_teesaloveless1.mp3

I am recording on Adobe Audition and I am using a PC.

Thank you!
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

teesaloveless wrote: December 23rd, 2023, 12:39 am Sorry it took me so long to get to this test. I'm glad you asked me to do this. My first recording was much too low.

Here is the link to my test.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_teesaloveless1.mp3

I am recording on Adobe Audition and I am using a PC.

Thank you!
No worries! If you could post the link in the Post Your 1-Minute Test Recording forum, someone will give it a listen soon and let you know of any feedback.
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Mythreyee

Post by Mythreyee »

Hey I would like to claim chapter 33!
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Mythreyee wrote: December 28th, 2023, 9:18 am Hey I would like to claim chapter 33!
Hello, and welcome to LibriVox! :) Since you're a new reader, and chapter 33 will run pretty long, probably around 40 minutes, I would recommend starting off with a shorter chapter for this book, especially since you've claimed several chapters for another project. Would you be open to reading chapter 10 instead? Once you've had a chance to make a recording and get the hang of the editing process, you'll be welcome to sign up for chapter 33 as well (edited to add: if it's still available).

Before you start recording for either project, I would strongly recommend completing a 1-minute test so that you can make sure that your recording software settings are set up correctly.

I'll be happy to help if you have questions about anything!
Last edited by Scarbo on December 31st, 2023, 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Mythreyee

Post by Mythreyee »

Sure! I would love to read chapter 10
Thanks! :)
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Mythreyee wrote: December 29th, 2023, 1:58 am Sure! I would love to read chapter 10
Thanks! :)
I've signed you up! Thank you for claiming! And again, I would recommend waiting for the OK on your 1-minute test before you start recording this chapter.

Sarah
stormyweather

Post by stormyweather »

Hello! I hope everyone had good holidays.

May I take Chapter 33?
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

stormyweather wrote: December 31st, 2023, 8:17 am Hello! I hope everyone had good holidays.

May I take Chapter 33?
Certainly, thank you for claiming! And happy holidays!

Sarah
Spug

Post by Spug »

Hello,
Could I have Chapter 29. En Famille?
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Spug wrote: January 2nd, 2024, 3:23 pm Hello,
Could I have Chapter 29. En Famille?
Hello, and welcome to LV! :) I've signed you up for chapter 29. Thank you for claiming!

Before you start recording, I'd strongly recommend completing a 1-minute test and posting it in the Post Your 1-Minute Test Here thread. It's not an audition, it's just a way to make sure that your recording software specs are set up correctly and to check for any sound problems.

If you have questions about anything, I'll be happy to help!

Sarah
JohnLeloup

Post by JohnLeloup »

I would to claim section 12, A Life Line.
Thanks,
JL
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

JohnLeloup wrote: January 4th, 2024, 6:12 am I would to claim section 12, A Life Line.
Thanks,
JL
It's all yours! Thank you for claiming!

Sarah
ab490

Post by ab490 »

Hi,
I'd like to read Chapter 13 - Letters from a Little Girl
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

ab490 wrote: January 6th, 2024, 6:49 am Hi,
I'd like to read Chapter 13 - Letters from a Little Girl
It's all yours! Thank you for claiming!

Sarah
JohnLeloup

Post by JohnLeloup »

Here is chapter 12, A Lifeline of The Dark Star.
File Time:21:38

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/darkstar_12chambers_128kb.mp3