[FICTION] The Dark Star by Robert W. Chambers -jo

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

stormyweather wrote: October 22nd, 2023, 10:55 am Chapter 24 with corrections after PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/darkstar_24_chambers_128kb.mp3

I'm doing NaNoWriMo, so I can't pick anything up until December, but if there are still chapters then, I'll be back!
PL OK. Thank you! Good luck with NaNoWriMo! You'll be welcome to more chapters if some are still available in December, which it's looking like there will be.
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
BritishNickVO

Post by BritishNickVO »

Hi there

Can I take Ch 11 The Breakers, please

Nick
BritishNickVO

Post by BritishNickVO »

Hi there

Nick
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

BritishNickVO wrote: November 7th, 2023, 7:59 pm Hi there

Nick
It's all yours! Thank you for claiming!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
BritishNickVO

Post by BritishNickVO »

yoricksskull

Post by yoricksskull »

Hello,

I would love to read Chapters 25 and 26.

Thank you.
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

yoricksskull wrote: November 8th, 2023, 9:39 pm Hello,

I would love to read Chapters 25 and 26.

Thank you.
They're all yours! Thank you for claiming!

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thank you for Chapter 11, BritishNickVO! I should have it PL'd by the end of the day.

Sarah
Kenilee18

Post by Kenilee18 »

Hi there!

May I claim sections 34 and 35?

Thank you,
Kendra
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Kenilee18 wrote: November 9th, 2023, 5:54 am Hi there!

May I claim sections 34 and 35?

Thank you,
Kendra
Certainly! Thank you for claiming!

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

BritishNickVO wrote: November 8th, 2023, 7:31 pm Here is Chapter 11

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/darkstar_11_chambers_128kp.mp3

Length is 18:52
Thanks again for this chapter! It's very nicely done, and I enjoyed your expressive reading style. I have just a few notes:

- At 3:15, after "had he been free he would have married her," could you include the line "When he got his freedom he would insist on another ceremony"?
- At 4:52, "only by the light touch of some steady, patient hand that understood," you say "only by the light touch of some steady hand that understood"
- At 8:40, "half dead, held fast by the gathering crowd," I hear "half dead, half fast by the gathering crowd"
- At 10:28, "alternately confused and dazzled in the patches of darkness and flaring light," you say "alternately confused and dazed in the patches of darkness and flaring light"
- At 14:46, "But he had thrust the fear of strangers deep into her heart," you say "But he had thrust the fear of strangers into her heart"
- At 14:59, "asking the direction of the railroad station from which trains departed for Gayfield," you say "asking the directions of the railroad station from which trains departed for Gayfield"
- At 15:28, "Is it up-state, dearie?" you say "Is it up-state, darling?"
- At 17:33, "Thank you so much for your great kindness," you say "Thank you so much for your kindness"

Sarah
Kenilee18

Post by Kenilee18 »

Hi!

Here is section 34, ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/darkstar_34_chambers_128kb.mp3

31:42

I'll keep an eye out for notes!

Thank you,
Kendra
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Thank you, Kendra! I should be able to have section 34 PL'd by the end of tomorrow.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Kenilee18 wrote: November 14th, 2023, 8:32 am Hi!

Here is section 34, ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/darkstar_34_chambers_128kb.mp3

31:42

I'll keep an eye out for notes!

Thank you,
Kendra
Thanks again for this chapter! It's very nicely done, and I enjoyed the characters' accents. I have just a few notes:

- At 8:46, "and he looked up and saw the first sunbeam painting a chimney top with palest gold," I hear "and he looked up and saw the first sunbeam painting a chimney top with palaced gold"
- At 10:48, "Would you like to have a cat for your lively ménage?" I hear "Would you like to have a cat for your lovely ménage?"

Sarah
yoricksskull

Post by yoricksskull »