[FICTION] The Dark Star by Robert W. Chambers -jo

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

magpie42 wrote: March 9th, 2023, 12:51 pm I would like to read chapter 6! This is my first project so I am a little nervous and excited.
I've signed you up. Thank you for claiming, and welcome to LV! :) I would recommend waiting for the OK on your 1-minute test before you start recording. If you have questions about anything, I'll be happy to help!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Inkell wrote: March 9th, 2023, 6:10 am Okay I made the corrections, though I already could clearly hear it saying 'shadow' not 'shut' before, I did still change it anyway but since I can't hear the issue I don't know if it sounds corrected now or what to do to correct it if it's still wrong besides trying it again just really slowly and emphatically.
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/darkstar_00_chambers_128kb.mp3 (now 16 mins, 44 secs)
PL OK! Thank you!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
Karebear924

Post by Karebear924 »

I have finished recording Chapter 2 Brookhollow.
Time 18:50

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/darkstar_02_chambers_128kb.mp3
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Karebear924 wrote: March 11th, 2023, 10:33 am I have finished recording Chapter 2 Brookhollow.
Time 18:50

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/darkstar_02_chambers_128kb.mp3
Thank you for chapter 2! It's PL OK.

Sarah
blx77

Post by blx77 »

Hi everybody
I'd like to read Chapter 7 "Obsession".
I'm new here, but I'll do my best to make this project wonderful!
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

blx77 wrote: April 9th, 2023, 10:04 am Hi everybody
I'd like to read Chapter 7 "Obsession".
I'm new here, but I'll do my best to make this project wonderful!
Hello, and welcome to LV! :) Chapter 7 is all yours. Thank you for claiming!

Before you start recording, I'd strongly recommend completing a 1-minute test. It's not an audition, it's just a way of checking the settings for your recording software and checking for any sound problems.

If you have any questions about the recording and editing process, I'll be happy to help!

Sarah
dustman33

Post by dustman33 »

I would like to claim chapters 8 & 9 please.

Howard
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

dustman33 wrote: April 10th, 2023, 5:46 am I would like to claim chapters 8 & 9 please.

Howard
They're all yours! Thank you for claiming!

Sarah
jkatula

Post by jkatula »

I would like to take chapter 10, please.
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

jkatula wrote: April 11th, 2023, 8:59 am I would like to take chapter 10, please.
It's all yours! Thank you for claiming!

Sarah
Hiro861

Post by Hiro861 »

Hello. I would like to claim "Chapter 14: A Journey Begins".

I would like name apprearing as Daniel Sanchez.

Im curious how you would like me to pronounce these:
-Mistchenka
-Volhynia
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Hiro861 wrote: April 11th, 2023, 9:31 pm Hello. I would like to claim "Chapter 14: A Journey Begins".

I would like name apprearing as Daniel Sanchez.

Im curious how you would like me to pronounce these:
-Mistchenka
-Volhynia
Chapter 14 is all yours. Thank you for claiming, and welcome (back) to LV! :)

- As for "Mistchenka," I would pronounce it as "Miss-chenk-ah," but I'm not sure whether the stress is on the first syllable or the second. Either variation is fine, since the name will be recognizable to listeners as the same name if different readers stress one or the other syllable.
- I'm finding that this is pronounced "Voh-linn-ee-ah," but there will probably be readers who pronounce the H, which is fine since listeners will understand both variations as the same name.

Thanks for checking!

Sarah
Voicegadget

Post by Voicegadget »

May I claim chapter 19 The captain of the Volynia?
blx77

Post by blx77 »

Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Voicegadget wrote: April 12th, 2023, 7:05 am May I claim chapter 19 The captain of the Volynia?
Certainly! Thank you for claiming!

Sarah