FULL [DR] The Great Quest by Hawes - thw

Plays and other dramatic works
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Sounds like a fun project! May I read Parmenter?
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

Here is chapter one for Cornelius: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thegreatquest_neil_01.mp3 [2:32]

Please let me know if this is what you had in mind.
Jim in Ohio

Why are more astronauts from Ohio than any other state? Because it’s so bad that they want to leave earth entirely!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

Got it, Jim.

He's yours, Salvationist.
Scott
Mariah

Post by Mariah »

May I please read Faith?

Thank you,
Mariah
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

Thank you for joining us. She's yours. Let us know if you have any questions about dramatic projects.
Scott
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Can I have Willie?
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

ej400 wrote: February 17th, 2023, 7:00 pm Here's the first 2 narrator files:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thegreatquest_narrator_00_mp3.mp3 -0:34
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thegreatquest_narrator_01_mp3.mp3 -17:15

Thank you!
Beautifully, fantastically done!! Narrator 0 and ch. 1 are both PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:
~Lynette * - no computer access until Friday or Saturday
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

JHedrick wrote: February 18th, 2023, 1:06 pm Here is chapter one for Cornelius: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/thegreatquest_neil_01.mp3 [2:32]

Please let me know if this is what you had in mind.
He's awesome! Our first character file on board! Neil ch. 1 is PL OK :thumbs:
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

and, Scott, I made those song files, uploaded, and pasted into the MW and the script links, so that's all set now for you
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

Excellent. So we are completely settled now.

Willie is assigned for you, elsieselwyn. Appreciate the help
Scott
RacingHippo

Post by RacingHippo »

Since he and Lamont aren't in the same chapters together, I'll join in with the sea shanty (and desperate cry) as the ship's carpenter if I may. It'll make a nice change from the 16th century chamber music I'm singing at the moment!
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

Got the Willie parts, thank you
Scott
SCaulkins

Post by SCaulkins »

RacingHippo wrote: February 19th, 2023, 4:16 pm Since he and Lamont aren't in the same chapters together, I'll join in with the sea shanty (and desperate cry) as the ship's carpenter if I may. It'll make a nice change from the 16th century chamber music I'm singing at the moment!
well, two factors come in on this - first, we're not going to double parts since there really aren't that many for a book. Second, Lynette is telling me that Lamont would "never, ever, in a million years" sing that particular song, and it would be very odd to have his voice doing it.

However - would really love to have your singing expertise on a part I'd claimed to do over in Hearts of Three, if you're interested in that little bit of pirate shanty. If you're interested, go to that board and post a note to claim Old Buccaneer. I'll happily switch him over for you.
Scott
RacingHippo

Post by RacingHippo »

SCaulkins wrote: February 19th, 2023, 5:35 pm well, two factors come in on this - first, we're not going to double parts since there really aren't that many for a book.
Ahh, mea culpa. Being fairly new to this malarkey I'd assumed that part-doubling was the norm. I've now seen the bit at the top of the MW that explicitly says what you just said :roll: :lol:
SCaulkins wrote: February 19th, 2023, 5:35 pm
Second, Lynette is telling me that Lamont would "never, ever, in a million years" sing that particular song, and it would be very odd to have his voice doing it.
Oh, absolutely! But then, I'd hoped that my voice would sound sufficiently different that no-one would know..... :wink:
SCaulkins wrote: February 19th, 2023, 5:35 pm
However - would really love to have your singing expertise on a part I'd claimed to do over in Hearts of Three, if you're interested in that little bit of pirate shanty. If you're interested, go to that board and post a note to claim Old Buccaneer. I'll happily switch him over for you.
You mean to say there's another part in Hearts that isn't in a chapter I'm already in? :lol:
Yeah - it's only a couple of lines but I think I can do "ghostly ancestor" :D