Perfect! Then I will take us to Going Solo. :thumbs:
patrickrandall

Post by patrickrandall »

Section One is PL OK :thumbs:

Thanks!
Patrick
patrickrandall

Post by patrickrandall »

Section 2 could be marked as PL OK as is, but I thought you might want to review a few notes first:

at 5.7 secs, ending silence is getting closer to six seconds than five, could be shortened.

11:54, heard: "with a group pomp," text: "with great pomp."

27:01, a loud breath/gasp that would be an easy fix.

If you decide to edit any of these, just post a reply letting me know, and change the status in the MW to "Ready for Spot PL."

If you decide not to edit, just change the status to PL OK.

Nice reading, I am enjoying!

Cheers,
Patrick
Ryanwill4

Post by Ryanwill4 »

patrickrandall wrote: February 14th, 2023, 7:45 pm Section 2 could be marked as PL OK as is, but I thought you might want to review a few notes first:

at 5.7 secs, ending silence is getting closer to six seconds than five, could be shortened.

11:54, heard: "with a group pomp," text: "with great pomp."

27:01, a loud breath/gasp that would be an easy fix.

If you decide to edit any of these, just post a reply letting me know, and change the status in the MW to "Ready for Spot PL."

If you decide not to edit, just change the status to PL OK.

Nice reading, I am enjoying!

Cheers,
Patrick
I will edit both of those suggestions and re-upload. I do try to pause the recording during a breath, but looks like one got past me, heheh.

Thanks for your help!
patrickrandall

Post by patrickrandall »

PL notes chapter 3:

ending silence is 5.84 secs

21:06: heard: "replied the king," text: "replied the knight"

21:16, missing word*: I* will joust.

Thanks!
Patrick
patrickrandall

Post by patrickrandall »

It's surprising how violent some of these episodes are! And also how Arthur wages so many wars of aggression and conquest!

PL notes chapter 4:

intro silence 1:03 secs -- standard is 0.50 to 1.0

3:13 -- skip at "**that** I had rescued that lady..."

4:48 -- heard "high," text: "nigh"

19:22 heard, "...Then shall **I** slay with it....", text is "...Then shall slay with it..." (no *I*)

Cheers,
Patrick
Ryanwill4

Post by Ryanwill4 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kingarthur_05_malory_128kb.mp3

Chapter 5 uploaded.

I took a little break - will get to correcting those PLs!
Ryanwill4

Post by Ryanwill4 »

patrickrandall wrote: February 15th, 2023, 8:12 pm It's surprising how violent some of these episodes are! And also how Arthur wages so many wars of aggression and conquest!

PL notes chapter 4:

intro silence 1:03 secs -- standard is 0.50 to 1.0

3:13 -- skip at "**that** I had rescued that lady..."

4:48 -- heard "high," text: "nigh"

19:22 heard, "...Then shall **I** slay with it....", text is "...Then shall slay with it..." (no *I*)

Cheers,
Patrick
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kingarthur_02_malory_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kingarthur_03_malory_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kingarthur_04_malory_128kb.mp3

PL'd versions, thanks for the corrections!

And if you think it's been violent so far, just wait until chapter 5....
patrickrandall

Post by patrickrandall »

Ryanwill4 wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 1:46 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kingarthur_05_malory_128kb.mp3

Chapter 5 uploaded.

Will listen shortly! (Remember, for a solo project, the links get posted in the MW with the duration, with the status marked "Ready for PL" or "Ready for Spot PL" for corrected files. :D )

Thanks!
Patrick
Ryanwill4

Post by Ryanwill4 »

patrickrandall wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 3:02 pm
Ryanwill4 wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 1:46 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/kingarthur_05_malory_128kb.mp3

Chapter 5 uploaded.

Will listen shortly! (Remember, for a solo project, the links get posted in the MW with the duration, with the status marked "Ready for PL" or "Ready for Spot PL" for corrected files. :D )

Thanks!
Patrick
Thanks Patrick.

Yes, I did attempt to access the magic window, but once again I do not have access to it. Perhaps I lost it because I went silent for a month?
patrickrandall

Post by patrickrandall »

Ryanwill4 wrote: March 24th, 2023, 11:30 am
Yes, I did attempt to access the magic window, but once again I do not have access to it. Perhaps I lost it because I went silent for a month?
Best to reach out to our MC mightyfelix (Devorah) for assistance with access. (She will probably see these posts but you can also send a message.) :D

Cheers,
Patrick
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ryanwill4 wrote: March 24th, 2023, 11:30 am Thanks Patrick.

Your permissions have not changed. My guess is that you are not logged in as yourself. Did you use this login and password to upload these sections?
If so, log out and login again using your own name and password. You may need to reset your password if you've forgotten it. Additionally, now that you have your own login (in other words, now that you're a BC), you do not need to use that generic name and password to upload anymore. Just use your personal name and password for everything from now on, and you shouldn't run into this issue again.
Ryanwill4

Post by Ryanwill4 »

mightyfelix wrote: March 24th, 2023, 11:42 am
Ryanwill4 wrote: March 24th, 2023, 11:30 am Thanks Patrick.

Your permissions have not changed. My guess is that you are not logged in as yourself. Did you use this login and password to upload these sections?
If so, log out and login again using your own name and password. You may need to reset your password if you've forgotten it. Additionally, now that you have your own login (in other words, now that you're a BC), you do not need to use that generic name and password to upload anymore. Just use your personal name and password for everything from now on, and you shouldn't run into this issue again.
Sorted it out - thanks!

Since I was posting on the forum as myself, I'm not sure how I wasn't logged into my account, but I did logout and back in and it worked. :clap:
patrickrandall

Post by patrickrandall »

Ryanwill4 wrote: March 24th, 2023, 12:37 pm
Sorted it out - thanks!
Glad it's sorted! :clap: Now you can update the MW to change the status from "Assigned" to "Ready for PL." Also, for the corrected files, if the duration has changed as a result of the corrections, you should post the updated timings and change the status to "Ready for Spot PL."

This way it keeps the project tidy and helps ensure we're all working with the same files! :D

Thanks!
Patrick
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ryanwill4 wrote: March 24th, 2023, 12:37 pm Since I was posting on the forum as myself, I'm not sure how I wasn't logged into my account, but I did logout and back in and it worked. :clap:
The forum and the workflow (uploader, MW, etc) are two separate systems that don't communicate with each other. So you can be logged into one and not the other. :)