SOLO - King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table by Sir Thomas Malory-mtf

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
patrickrandall

Post by patrickrandall »

I PL'd the corrected chapter 4, and before marking it PL OK, I would say that an edit is needed at the very end of the file: the ending silence is now too long, it's 10.32 seconds instead of the standard five seconds. Also just before the end, at 24:01, there is now a section of clipped repeated audio -- you can delete when you trim the file.

(You could also trim the beginning silence a bit to get it under one second, it still measures 1.03. :D )

Usually, corrected files need to be PL'd again by the DPL to spot check the corrections. That's why the BC changes the status to Ready for Spot PL, so the DPL knows a spot check is ready. Then the DPL can change the status to PL OK after listening.

Thanks!
Patrick
patrickrandall

Post by patrickrandall »

On chapter 3, thanks for the text corrections, nice edits! Just one note, the ending silence is now just a little short, about 4.86 instead of five seconds.

One easy way to check the length of a section of silence is to choose the option "Start and Length of Selection" on the Selection Position toolbar at the bottom of the Audacity project window, and then highlight the section you want to measure. This works to measure both start and end silence and makes it easy to trim your silence to just the right amount -- as seen in the screenshot below. Hope this helps!

patrickrandall

Post by patrickrandall »

Section 2 is Spot PL OK! :thumbs:

Cheers,
Patrick
patrickrandall

Post by patrickrandall »

Wow, Sir Balin just can't catch a break! What a whirlwind was chapter five. Nice job!

PL notes:

starting silence 1.05

10:47 repeated word "Alas"

11:51, heard "Perlin," text "Perin"

Cheers,
Patrick
patrickrandall

Post by patrickrandall »

By the end of Chapter 6, I was thinking I should have kept a body count! And everyone seems to be related somehow, but unaware of it! :hmm:

PL Notes:

end silence 4.66

Intro says "section 5," should be "Chapter 6."

1:28 -- 1:30, repeated "That Merlin said"

8:20 -- odd noise, should be deleted.

Thanks!
Patrick
patrickrandall

Post by patrickrandall »

Truly these stories are as violent as any slasher film! If they were filmed as written they would need to come with warnings!

PL notes:

end silence 4.71

For the intro and outro, you say "Section 7" instead of "Chapter" as in the other files -- you may wish to change for consistency.

9:09 heard "for any of any damsel" text "forever of any damsel"

Thanks!
Patrick
Ryanwill4

Post by Ryanwill4 »

Next two chapters are uploaded.

Had a bad case of Laryngitis, so I'm running behind... but we'll get it done!
patrickrandall

Post by patrickrandall »

Section 8 PL notes:

The volume as per the Checker program is 94.5, it should be between 86-92. Consider reducing the volume to get below the max (your other sections are at about 90 dB so you could reduce it by 4.5 dB).

Intro and Outro say "Section 8" -- in earlier sections, you say "Chapter" instead of "Section." It would be better to use the same standard wording across all intros and outros throughout the project.

3:31 Heard: "He sent for THEM ambassadors." Text: "....sent for THE ambassadors..."
12:02 **missing word** "...**As** the ransom of your lives..."

Cheers!
Patrick
patrickrandall

Post by patrickrandall »

PL notes Chapter 9:

end silence is short at 4.78

Intro says "Section 9," outro says "Chapter 9"

13:08 "Render him **his** deserts" -- **his** is missing. Also, I took "deserts" in this sentence to mean "what is merited or deserved" -- if so, it would be clearer if pronounced as di-ZURTS (accent on second syllable.)

17:07 "Have you ever **before** made petition..." **before** is missing.

Cheers,
Patrick