[COMPLETE] Galatians: God's Answer to Legalism by B.B. Sutcliffe - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
3rdAnchor

Post by 3rdAnchor »

GALATIANS: God's Answer to Legalism- by B.B.Sutcliffe - 1922

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/galatians-gods-answer-to-legalism-by-b-b-sutcliffe/
The epistle to the Romans presents the foundation truth of justification provided only by the grace of God and received only by faith. Corinthians comes next with instructions against practical error in this truth. Galatians follows with instructions against doctrinal error in the same truth. Therefore, in Galatians, law vs. grace and works vs. faith are the prominent features.

The epistle should be read through at one sitting. This will require about one-half hour and should be done as often as possible. The one supreme rule for mastering the Scriptures is to read them, and read them again, and yet again. This is particularly true of Galatians. Its thoughts are so condensed that careful and continuous read is demanded if the student is to grasp what the Holy Spirit has to convey.

After the reading just indicated, other books may be consulted. The student will find Luther on Galatians, Eadie on Galatians, and the late Dr. C.I. Scofield's pamphlet on Galatians more helpful.

B.B. Sutcliffe
(From the Foreword)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/galatians-gods-answer-to-legalism-b.-b.-sutcliffe-c-1922/mode/1up

Target completion date: 2023-03-31

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of GALATIANS: God's Answer to Legalism. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "GALATIANS: God's Answer to Legalism- by B.B.Sutcliffe. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of GALATIANS: God's Answer to Legalism- by B.B.Sutcliffe. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of GALATIANS: God's Answer to Legalism- by B.B.Sutcliffe"
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: galatiansgodsanswer_##_sutcliffe_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. galatiansgodsanswer_01_sutcliffe_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: xxxx

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by 3rdAnchor on March 7th, 2023, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ 3rd Anchor ~

What happens in the past
often affects the future.
So be very careful what it
is you are doing in the past!
Prov.3:5-6
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I'll set this up after supper. One quick question:
If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Yes
Err, it's asking HOW you want to be credited in the catalog. ;) How should people search for your recordings? Generally, it's what you'd say if you ever record, "Read by ___". It can be your real name, a pseudonym, your forum username, etc.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

OK, I've set this up. Good job on the template! I did a tiny bit of editing on the first intro (you don't have to say the author's name twice).

I've put your catalog name in as 3rdAnchor. This can be changed if you want.

As you're the soloist, you're in charge of updating the Magic Window.

Detailed Instructions for accessing the Magic Window can be found in the document linked here: Instructions for Soloists

I've entered the first two sections for you as an example. You can change how I did it if you like, and fill in the rest.

When you upload a chapter, put the file duration (mm:ss) in the Notes field and the uploaded URL into the Listen URL field, and mark it from Assigned to Ready for PL.

Here's your catalog page: https://librivox.org/reader/18306
You can keep track of your assigned sections there. (Click on Reader section details to see each section.)

To get to this link yourself, use your name in any Magic Window in which you have an assigned section. Click on your name link. ;)
3rdAnchor

Post by 3rdAnchor »

Thank you to all. Will get on it right away.
~ 3rd Anchor ~

What happens in the past
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Moving to Going Solo. Once there's a section up, if we don't have a DPL yet, we can advertise for one over in Proof Listeners & Editors Wanted. :)
3rdAnchor

Post by 3rdAnchor »

Ok. Thanks. The first section is now recorded and checked and will be uploaded this week.
~K~
~ 3rd Anchor ~

What happens in the past
3rdAnchor

Post by 3rdAnchor »

Tricia: The upload of galatiansgodsanswer_00_sutcliffe_128kb.mp3 is failing.
What might be the reason?
Thanks,
~K~
~ 3rd Anchor ~

What happens in the past
3rdAnchor

Post by 3rdAnchor »

Upload failure!
It says: undefined NaN KB Error The filetype you are attempting to upload is not allowed.
It is an .mp3 file

galatiansgodsanswer_00_sutcliffe_128kb.mp3
File Size
11.4 MiB

Encoding Type
MPEG-1 Layer III
MP3 Format
128 kbps 44,100 Hz Mono
Track Length
12:31.05 (m:ss.ss)

Volume
89.4 dB
DC Bias
+0 (+0.0000%)
Clipped Audio
0 ms (0.00%)

Thanks,
~K~
~ 3rd Anchor ~

What happens in the past
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I take it that it went through Checker okay. :)

Remove any metadata (tags - title, author, etc.) and try it then.

Sometimes, for some reason, the metadata added by some programs gives the uploader a nosebleed.
3rdAnchor

Post by 3rdAnchor »

Thanks Tricia.
The file is now uploaded (which may have produced a duplicate to a previous upload) and the problem was
solved by causing the mp3 to be forced to mono.

I take it there is a difference between 'joint stereo - mono' and ' forced mono' only.
Adobe Audition seems to get it wrong at this point. I'll see if there a way to change it.
Otherwise, I also add Audacity in my workflow to save it in mono only.

The file link is now available in the project and ready for a PL.
https://librivox.org/section_compiler/18937

Thanks,
~K~
~ 3rd Anchor ~

What happens in the past
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

I can DPL if you would like.

M
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Great, thanks! I'll put you in. :)
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

You did an excellent job with section 0. I have just a couple of comments to get this to PL OK.

Please delete about 0.5 seconds of silence at the start so that the total length is between 0.5 and 1 second in length.

At about 6:22 "body of the letter," is followed by "at lunch"? then goes to "he declares he is not". Please delete the "at lunch and insert
"but his subject comes to the point of his pen at once" between "body of the letter," and "but his subject"

Comment only: Most people with a section "0" tend to say "introduction (or preface) of ..." instead of "section 0". No need to change this.

Thanks,

M
3rdAnchor

Post by 3rdAnchor »

Hi mleigh: Thank you for doing the PL!
delete about 0.5 seconds of silence at the start

Now has 1.0 secs at the beginning.
At about 6:22 "body of the letter," is followed by "at lunch"
I listened to that portion of the audio. I agree, it was quite muffled, quite muddy indeed.
So I brightened up the entire audio file to make the words clearer,
and easier to understand, especially for that phrase.
I trust it sounds better.

Thanks again!
~K~
~ 3rd Anchor ~

What happens in the past
3rdAnchor

Post by 3rdAnchor »

Section 04 is ready for PL