[SOLO] The Collected Writings from The Fantasy Fan Magazine, by Clark Ashton Smith - philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Sections 8 and 11 are now PL ok.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Sections 14-17 are PL ok.
Section 18
16:14 should be "with ominous, world-shaking syllables that the ear can never seize"; I heard "with ominous, world-shaking syllables that the earth can never seize"
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'm trying to understand your title because another reader queried me - is this all the writings from the 2-year run ? For example you mention Lovecraft in your summary but I can't see anything from him ? And "the collected writings" implies they are all there to me.
Anne
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

annise wrote: February 9th, 2023, 7:52 pm I'm trying to understand your title because another reader queried me - is this all the writings from the 2-year run ? For example you mention Lovecraft in your summary but I can't see anything from him ? And "the collected writings" implies they are all there to me.
Anne
It's Clark Ashton Smith's collected writings from Fantasy Fan. Honestly I tried to figure out a title for it for a while. At first I had it as The Collected Writings from Fantasy Fan Magazine of Clark Ashton Smith by Clark Ashton Smith but that seemed really long and redundant. I also thought about The Fantasy Fan Magazine: The Complete Clark Ashton Smith. If you have suggestions I'm open. I know the title might be construed as confusing.

Or maybe it may be clearer to just reword the summary so it's more clear that these are just all of Clark Ashton Smith's stories. I really don't want to have to re-record the intro and outro of every track all over again for a title change.
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

annise wrote: February 9th, 2023, 7:52 pm I'm trying to understand your title because another reader queried me - is this all the writings from the 2-year run ? For example you mention Lovecraft in your summary but I can't see anything from him ? And "the collected writings" implies they are all there to me.
Anne
I just re-tooled the summary. Hopefully it's much more clear that these are just Smith's writings and not everything from the magazine.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

flavo5000 wrote: February 9th, 2023, 8:51 pm
Anne
I just re-tooled the summary. Hopefully it's much more clear that these are just Smith's writings and not everything from the magazine.
Looks good to me.
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Thanks - that makes more sense to me - I wasn't suggesting you change the intros. Titles can become difficult on nonstandard projects.
I don't usually trespass in others' threads - sorry Phil, I just needed to know.

Anne
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

annise wrote: February 9th, 2023, 9:41 pm Thanks - that makes more sense to me - I wasn't suggesting you change the intros. Titles can become difficult on nonstandard projects.
I don't usually trespass in others' threads - sorry Phil, I just needed to know.

Anne
No problem at all Anne and thank you. You concern is a valid one and I like the summary better since the minor rewrite. You are welcome to make suggestions and comments any time on my projects because I like outside opinions and yours are always pertinent and helpful. (as are you :D )
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

brownrottger wrote: February 9th, 2023, 5:52 pm Sections 14-17 are PL ok.
Section 18
16:14 should be "with ominous, world-shaking syllables that the ear can never seize"; I heard "with ominous, world-shaking syllables that the earth can never seize"
Should be fixed now!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 18 is now PL ok. That was fun!
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

philchenevert wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:04 am I will set this up for you. Looks wonderful! :thumbs:
This one is ready to catalog!
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

This project is in our catalog at https://librivox.org/the-fantasy-fan-the-complete-writings-of-clark-ashton-smith/

What a nifty and smooth project! :clap: :clap:
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

philchenevert wrote: February 11th, 2023, 8:56 am This project is in our catalog at https://librivox.org/the-fantasy-fan-the-complete-writings-of-clark-ashton-smith/

What a nifty and smooth project! :clap: :clap:
Thanks, Phil. Just one more thing. Can you add the updated summary to the catalog page? It looks like it still has the old one that annise had concerns about.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Thanks, Phil. Just one more thing. Can you add the updated summary to the catalog page? It looks like it still has the old one that annise had concerns about.
[/quote]

And something I needed to do! It should be updated now, if not just give me another nudge.
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

philchenevert wrote: February 11th, 2023, 10:37 am Thanks, Phil. Just one more thing. Can you add the updated summary to the catalog page? It looks like it still has the old one that annise had concerns about.
And something I needed to do! It should be updated now, if not just give me another nudge.
[/quote]

Looks good! Thanks!