[SOLO] The Collected Writings from The Fantasy Fan Magazine, by Clark Ashton Smith - philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

philchenevert wrote: February 11th, 2023, 10:37 am Thanks, Phil. Just one more thing. Can you add the updated summary to the catalog page? It looks like it still has the old one that annise had concerns about.
And something I needed to do! It should be updated now, if not just give me another nudge.
[/quote]

Hi, I hate to be a pest but I just noticed the title of this is still the old title as well which I thought might be a little misleading since "The Fantasy Fan: The complete Writings of Clark Ashton Smith" make it sound like it collects ALL his writings, not just the writings from The Fantasy Fan magazine. Could you update to the new title "The Collected Writings from The Fantasy Magazine"? Thanks
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

flavo5000 wrote: February 12th, 2023, 2:01 pm
philchenevert wrote: February 11th, 2023, 10:37 am Thanks, Phil. Just one more thing. Can you add the updated summary to the catalog page? It looks like it still has the old one that annise had concerns about.
And something I needed to do! It should be updated now, if not just give me another nudge.
Hi, I hate to be a pest but I just noticed the title of this is still the old title as well which I thought might be a little misleading since "The Fantasy Fan: The complete Writings of Clark Ashton Smith" make it sound like it collects ALL his writings, not just the writings from The Fantasy Fan magazine. Could you update to the new t
itle "The Collected Writings from The Fantasy Magazine"? Thanks
[/quote]

So the title of this project should be "The Collected Writings from The Fantasy Magazine of Clark Ashton Smith"? Let me know the most accurate wording. Thanks.
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

philchenevert wrote: February 12th, 2023, 2:07 pm
flavo5000 wrote: February 12th, 2023, 2:01 pm
Hi, I hate to be a pest but I just noticed the title of this is still the old title as well which I thought might be a little misleading since "The Fantasy Fan: The complete Writings of Clark Ashton Smith" make it sound like it collects ALL his writings, not just the writings from The Fantasy Fan magazine. Could you update to the new t
itle "The Collected Writings from The Fantasy Magazine"? Thanks
So the title of this project should be "The Collected Writings from The Fantasy Magazine of Clark Ashton Smith"? Let me know the most accurate wording. Thanks.
[/quote]

I think it would just be "The Collected Writings from The Fantasy Fan Magazine" since it's listed as by Clark Ashton Smith. I think it might be redundant to put his name in the title as well.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

How about
title -- Writings from The Fantasy Fan Magazine
Author - Clark Ashton Smith?

Anne
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

annise wrote: February 12th, 2023, 2:55 pm How about
title -- Writings from The Fantasy Fan Magazine
Author - Clark Ashton Smith?

Anne
That's basically what I'm proposing.
Title: Collected Writings from The Fantasy Fan Magazine
Author: Clark Ashton Smith

The title of this thread.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

It's up to you - but I think the collected is not necessary and sounds a bit boring :D
Asked any author - the title is a selling point :D

Anne
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

OK, give it a gander now and see if it looks OK. It was surprisingly easy to change.
EDIT: thinking about this and not to muddy the waters, I would put his name in the title like "Clark Aston Smith: His writings in the Fantasy Fan magazine" or something like to highlight what this collection is all about. So just let me know if what is there now is OK or you want to change it. No problem either way. (And ignore my musings please):thumbs:
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

annise wrote: February 12th, 2023, 3:29 pm It's up to you - but I think the collected is not necessary and sounds a bit boring :D
Asked any author - the title is a selling point :D

Anne
Well, looking at the page it actually looks a little redundant with "collected" in the title since the summary starts with the word "Collected" too. So I'd be ok taking that out.
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

philchenevert wrote: February 12th, 2023, 3:31 pm OK, give it a gander now and see if it looks OK. It was surprisingly easy to change.
EDIT: thinking about this and not to muddy the waters, I would put his name in the title like "Clark Aston Smith: His writings in the Fantasy Fan magazine" or something like to highlight what this collection is all about. So just let me know if what is there now is OK or you want to change it. No problem either way. (And ignore my musings please):thumbs:
Phil I hate to ask but could you take out "Collected" from the title as annise had suggested?

Or alternately mush both your suggestions together and take a format similar to what I've done with Weird Tales compilations and call it:
"The Fantasy Fan Magazine Presents: Writings of Clark Ashton Smith"
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

I like it . The Fantasy Fan Magazine Presents: Writings of Clark Ashton Smith Done. :D
flavo5000

Post by flavo5000 »

philchenevert wrote: February 12th, 2023, 4:02 pm I like it . The Fantasy Fan Magazine Presents: Writings of Clark Ashton Smith Done. :D
Oops, just one tweak. Looks like "The" is in the name twice: "The The Fantasy Fan Magazine Presents:"
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

flavo5000 wrote: February 12th, 2023, 4:14 pm
philchenevert wrote: February 12th, 2023, 4:02 pm I like it . The Fantasy Fan Magazine Presents: Writings of Clark Ashton Smith Done. :D
Oops, just one tweak. Looks like "The" is in the name twice: "The The Fantasy Fan Magazine Presents:"
Where? I don't see it.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Someone beat you to it (not me, I was busy redoing the cover) - the project holds the record for the number of entries in the cover claims list , 4, but that has been fixed too :D Anne
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

annise wrote: February 12th, 2023, 7:59 pm Someone beat you to it (not me, I was busy redoing the cover) - the project holds the record for the number of entries in the cover claims list , 4, but that has been fixed too :D Anne
Wow. How cool is that? four claims is indeed nice.