Complete-[SOLO/RELIGION] Exodus from The Self-Interpreting Bible, by John Brown-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Exodus from The Self-Interpreting Bible, by John Brown (1722 - 1787)
Contains a history of one hundred and forty-five years, and therein exhibits the fulfilment of God's promises to the patriarchs, in the multiplication of their seed, and their deliverance from bondage in Egypt; and represents the establishment of those laws and ordinances which God required them to observe as memorials of his favours. We have here particularly represented the tyranny of Pharaoh king of Egypt; the cruel bondage and marvellous increase of the Israelites; the birth, education, and exile of Moses; his and his brother Aaron's divine mission to deliver their brethren; the ten plagues inflicted on the Egyptians for refusing to let the Israelites leave their country; and their destruction in the Red Sea; the Hebrews' celebration of the Passover, departure from Egypt, and safe passage through the Red Sea; God's sustenance of them by sweetened water, or water from a flinty rock, and by quails and bread from heaven; his laws relative to the Passover, feast of unleavened bread, firstlings, manna, etc.; his solemn publication of his moral law from mount Sinai; his directions relative to their civil and religious conduct; his entrance into covenant with them; chap. 1-24. his directions concerning the tabernacle and its furniture, and concerning the apparel and consecration of his priests; the Hebrews' idolatrous making and worshipping the golden calf; Moses' intercession for them, and God's gracious reconcilement by means of it; their voluntary contribution for, and actual making and erecting the tabernacle and its whole furniture; chap. 25-40. There are, perhaps, more types of Christ in this than in any other, book in the Bible. (Summary by Introduction)
• This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/exodus-from-the-self-interpreting-bible-by-john-brown/

Source text (please read only from this text!): https://books.google.com/books?id=LAwiF4b0oXQC&pg=RA11-PA4

Target completion date: 2023-03-31

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================
T

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Religion/Christianity - Commentary

Keywords that describe the book: bible, old testament, Exodus, bible commentary

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Chapter # of Exodus from The Self-Interpreting Bible. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Exodus from The Self-Interpreting Bible, by John Brown. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Chapter # of Exodus from The Self-Interpreting Bible, by John Brown. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Exodus from The Self-Interpreting Bible, by John Brown."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: sib02exodus_##_brown_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. sib02exodus_01_brown_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: alg1001

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

The layout of the pages for this makes it a little hard to read so my approach is as follows:

- I won't be reading the marginal references.
- I will read italicized summary section at the start of each chapter.
- I will read each verse in the following format "Verse [#] [Text]"
- When there is an 'explanatory note' at the bottom of the page for that verse, after reading the verse, I will say "Explanatory note" (like a footnote), read it and then say "End of Explanatory Note".
- I will read the "Reflections" section at the end of each chapter.

That will cover all the body text of the book and hopefully be easier to follow than if I read the notes after reading the whole chapter.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

I'll MC this for you. The MW is up,
Cheers,
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

alg1001 wrote: February 7th, 2023, 7:17 pm I'll MC this for you. The MW is up,
Cheers,
Amy
Many thanks!
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Section 1
Exodus Chapter 1
(08:00)

Section 2
Exodus Chapter 2
(07:50)
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

If you are still looking for a DPL, I can do it for you.

M
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

mleigh wrote: February 9th, 2023, 7:30 pm If you are still looking for a DPL, I can do it for you.

M
I wondered if you might make an appearance :)
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

InTheDesert wrote: February 9th, 2023, 7:51 pm
mleigh wrote: February 9th, 2023, 7:30 pm If you are still looking for a DPL, I can do it for you.

M
I wondered if you might make an appearance :)
I was giving others a chance to volunteer. 🙂
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

DPL added. I'll move you to Going Solo. :)
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

InTheDesert wrote: February 7th, 2023, 7:43 pm Section 1
Exodus Chapter 1
(08:00)

Section 2
Exodus Chapter 2
(07:50)
Section 1 is PL OK.

Section 2 has one spot where the word order is reversed:
2:28 should be "the child's mother" not "the mother's child"

Also, section 1 starts with "chapter 1" while section 2 starts with "section 2".

M
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Good catch! Will have a fix soon.

Section 3
Exodus Chapter 3
(09:56)

Section 4
Exodus Chapter 4
(11:05)
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

InTheDesert wrote: February 11th, 2023, 6:01 am Good catch! Will have a fix soon.

Section 3
Exodus Chapter 3
(09:56)

Section 4
Exodus Chapter 4
(11:05)
Chapter 3 is PL OK.

Chapter 4 has one repeat: 9:48 please delete "in whatever order..." as it is corrected at 9:50

Thanks,

M
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Section 5
Exodus Chapter 5
(06:25)
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

InTheDesert wrote: February 13th, 2023, 6:24 am Section 5
Exodus Chapter 5
(06:25)
This is not a big issue but wanted to make you aware of it if you want to fix or not.

1:12 missing "verse" before "3"

Everything else is great.

M
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Section 6
Exodus Chapter 6
(07:41)

Section 7
Exodus Chapter 7
(07:39)

Section 8