COMPLETE: The Blythe Girls: Helen, Margy and Rose by Laura Lee Hope - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
cadam10e

Post by cadam10e »

The Blythe Girls: Helen, Margy and Rose, by Laura Lee Hope

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page here:

https://librivox.org/the-blythe-girls-helen-margy-and-rose-by-laura-lee-hope/

The Blythe sisters, orphaned and near-penniless are completely on their own. With the last of their resources, they move from their lovely big house on Long Island to a third-floor walk-up apartment in New York City hoping to find work and start new lives. Things are far from easy and they soon discover that the world can be tough and sometimes treacherous with dismaying twists and turns. With determination, courage, humor, and love, they gamely tackle each new challenge. (Summary by )
Source text (please read only from this text!): no online text available. I will read from first edition hard copy book

Target completion date:

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction; Family Life; General Fiction/Published 1900 onward; Children's Fiction/Family

Keywords that describe the book:

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Blythe Girls: Helen, Margy and Rose. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Blythe Girls: Helen, Margy and Rose, by Laura Lee Hope. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section (or Chapter) # of The Blythe Girls: Helen, Margy and Rose, by Laura Lee Hope. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of The Blythe Girls: Helen, Margy and Rose, by Laura Lee Hope."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: blythegirls_##_hope_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. blythegirls_01_hope_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: knotyouraveragejo

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

I can MC this for you. MW coming up...

Please take a picture or copy the title page of your hard cover book showing the publication date. You can upload it to my folder.
Jo
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

I would like to DPL.
Christine
cadam10e

Post by cadam10e »

brownrottger wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 6:48 am I would like to DPL.
Christine
Thanks, Christine! That would be great! Will scan the title page and up load it to your folder (if I can figure out how to do that, lol!)
Best, Cheryl
cadam10e

Post by cadam10e »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 9:10 pm I can MC this for you. MW coming up...

Please take a picture or copy the title page of your hard cover book showing the publication date. You can upload it to my folder.
Thanks so much, Jo! I really appreciate it! I look forward to working with you. Will scan the title page and up load it to your folder (if I can figure out how to do that, lol!)
Best, Cheryl
cadam10e wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 10:42 am
Christine
Thanks, Christine! That would be great! Will scan the title page and up load it to your folder (if I can figure out how to do that, lol!)
Best, Cheryl
whoops - I guess you don't need a scan of the title page -- that is for Jo, the MC.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

cadam10e wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 10:44 am
knotyouraveragejo wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 9:10 pm I can MC this for you. MW coming up...

Thanks so much, Jo! I really appreciate it! I look forward to working with you. Will scan the title page and up load it to your folder (if I can figure out how to do that, lol!)
Best, Cheryl
cadam10e wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 10:42 am
Christine
Best, Cheryl
whoops - I guess you don't need a scan of the title page -- that is for Jo, the MC.
I don't think I have a folder?
jmac698

Post by jmac698 »

Cheryl,

Great to see you doing another book. Just finished Hoofbeats on the Turnpike. I liked how you came up with different voices (something I can learn from), and I loved your characterization of Penny. She sounds quirky and cheeky like I expect! I really don't know how you did it. It's edited so well, it sounds like you just sat down and did 5 voices as fast as you could read...
OH, and nice sound effects! Seemed like you put a lot into that one, it's perfect!
cadam10e

Post by cadam10e »

To jmac698,

Thank you so much for your kind words!! I am really glad to be back with another book. It is so much fun! It really is an actor's dream -- you don't just get to play one role, you get to play all of them, lol! I may do more Penny Parker books after this, but was charmed by the Blythe Girls and excited when I found out the book has gone into the public domain.
Best, Cheryl
cadam10e

Post by cadam10e »

Hi, Jo and Christine,
I uploaded the first three chapters this afternoon. I look forward to any feedback you might have. Thanks again for volunteering to work on the book. :>) Cheryl

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/blythe_girls_chapt_3.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/Blythe_girls_chap_1.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/Blythe_girls_chap_2.mp3
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Cheryl, Please add these links to the MW and change the status to Ready for PL. Also you should be using the naming convention in the top post when naming your files.

blythegirls_##_hope_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. blythegirls_01_hope_128kb.mp3)

I've renamed and entered the first one for you as an example.
Jo
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

cadam10e

Post by cadam10e »

The first three chaps are now correctly done in the MW and ready for DPL. I had forgotten about the extra steps in the MW as it has been so long! Sorry about that. I seem to recall that they used to put in the time for each chapter -- if so, would that go under "notes"?
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

cadam10e wrote: February 11th, 2023, 9:37 am The first three chaps are now correctly done in the MW and ready for DPL. I had forgotten about the extra steps in the MW as it has been so long! Sorry about that. I seem to recall that they used to put in the time for each chapter -- if so, would that go under "notes"?
Yes.
Best,
Christine
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 01 is PL ok. Sections 2 and 3 are giving me error messages that "The requested URL was not found on this server." Have you accessed the recordings from the MW?
Christine