[CHILDREN] Four Little Blossoms At Brookside Farm, Mabel C. Hawley -jo

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
JoniVaat

Post by JoniVaat »

Good Morning! Chapter 9 is ready for PL. I think I’ll have ch 10 ready this morning as well. Thank you!

Warm regards,
Joni
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

JoniVaat wrote: October 27th, 2023, 6:50 am Good Morning! Chapter 9 is ready for PL. I think I’ll have ch 10 ready this morning as well. Thank you!

Warm regards,
Joni
Ready and waiting! :D
Jim in Ohio

I will be away from the studio from April 21st through April 28th.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
JoniVaat

Post by JoniVaat »

Okey-doke! Chapter 10 is ready for inspection, also! :clap: :D

Joni
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

Chapter 9 is just fine: PL Okay!

The reading on chapter 10 is also okay. However, there is one small adjustment needed. The volume is 85.5dB, which is just a bit too low. The acceptable range is 86 - 92dB, with 89dB being "ideal."

I would recommend that you see Phil Chenevert's excellent video on this: How I Always Hit 89dB With One Click https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk

If you like, you can use the checker tool to verify volume and other settings https://cgjennings.ca/projects/checker/ I personally always use the checker prior to uploading a file.
Jim in Ohio

JoniVaat

Post by JoniVaat »

Ok, thank you, Jim! Should I increase volume and resubmit? For some reason I haven’t been able to use the volume checker in the past, but have gotten used to checking it on my phone (where I record.) But I will try the checker again, maybe I can figure out how to use it now.

Sincerely,
Joni
JoniVaat

Post by JoniVaat »

Ok- yes I can see that the volume is low. Sorry about that!! I guess that’s what I get for rushing and trying to get two chapters in today! I’ll re-submit.

Joni
JoniVaat

Post by JoniVaat »

Ready for spot pl 🙂
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

JoniVaat wrote: October 27th, 2023, 1:32 pm Ready for spot pl 🙂
Okay - that fixed that. However ... you uploaded the new file using a different file name. You should always use the same file name: the system keeps track of versions.

Please upload the file you just sent without the "_2".

Also, this caused me to notice that I had previously missed that two of your files had "128k" instead of "128kb" in the file name. :oops: I went ahead and fixed those two for you.

Thanks
Jim in Ohio

JoniVaat

Post by JoniVaat »

Oh, I’m so very sorry. 😞 This one is fixed. If I have become frustratingly incompetent on this, please let me know and I will offer this up as an open project. I realize I have not been paying enough attention.

Sincerely,
Joni
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

JoniVaat wrote: October 27th, 2023, 2:21 pm Oh, I’m so very sorry. 😞 This one is fixed. If I have become frustratingly incompetent on this, please let me know and I will offer this up as an open project. I realize I have not been paying enough attention.

Sincerely,
Joni
Thanks Joni

I do not see any reason for you to quit this project. You are submitting nice recordings and making slow but steady progress. The expectation is that you post at least once a month even if you have not recorded anything, so you are right on track. I think that Jo will agree with me that as you are over half-way done and only have 8 chapters to go that you should stick with it. I would love to see you finish this as a solo.

Jim
Jim in Ohio

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

I agree with Jim. I hope you will hang in and finish the book! The rest comes with practice.

For future reference (at least when I am the MC), minor errors in filenames can be noted in the Notes column of the MW and I will fix them at cataloging time. No need to reupload files that are PL OK just to fix the filename. As long as the link in the MW goes to the correct/final version, it's all good.
Jo
JoniVaat

Post by JoniVaat »

Thanks to both of you for your patience and encouragement! I’ll keep working on it! 😊

Joni
JoniVaat

Post by JoniVaat »

Just popping in … I haven’t forgotten this book reading. I’ll keep putzing on it …
Regards,
Joni
JoniVaat

Post by JoniVaat »

Happy New Year!
I finally have another chapter ready for PL. Chapter 11.
Thank you!
Warm regards,
Joni
JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

JoniVaat wrote: January 9th, 2024, 11:15 am Happy New Year!
I finally have another chapter ready for PL. Chapter 11.
Thank you!
Warm regards,
Joni
Thanks!

PL Okay :thumbs:
Jim in Ohio