COMPLETE: The Best Short Stories of 1917 -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WinterMoon

Post by WinterMoon »

brownrottger wrote: September 13th, 2023, 11:04 am
WinterMoon wrote: September 13th, 2023, 10:39 am Hey everyone,

I have finished most edits on my first section recently, still pushing through.

I see the rest of the project is completed, I do not want to hold anyone up. Are you still comfortable having me complete my portions, or would you like to release them?

I'll understand either way. Thank you kindly for letting me know.
Hi Christine, I really, really want you to continue on. Thank you for checking in. It sounds like you are almost there. Hope you are well and feeling better in every way possible.
Blessings to you,
Christine

Thanks so much :9: I do believe I should be finished soon, I cannot wait for the finished project :clap:

Thank you all again.
~Christine~

Remember: "Even a glow stick had to break to shine."
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

WinterMoon wrote: September 13th, 2023, 8:23 pm
brownrottger wrote: September 13th, 2023, 11:04 am
WinterMoon wrote: September 13th, 2023, 10:39 am Hey everyone,

I have finished most edits on my first section recently, still pushing through.

I see the rest of the project is completed, I do not want to hold anyone up. Are you still comfortable having me complete my portions, or would you like to release them?

I'll understand either way. Thank you kindly for letting me know.
Hi Christine, I really, really want you to continue on. Thank you for checking in. It sounds like you are almost there. Hope you are well and feeling better in every way possible.
Blessings to you,
Christine

Thanks so much :9: I do believe I should be finished soon, I cannot wait for the finished project :clap:

Thank you all again.
:D
WinterMoon

Post by WinterMoon »

I am finishing up edits now. I did have to go back and update some things for Section 3. But hope it will be sent by tomorrow afternoon!
~Christine~

WinterMoon

Post by WinterMoon »

I am finishing up edits now. I did have to go back and update some things for Section 3. But hope it will be sent by tomorrow afternoon!
~Christine~

brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

WinterMoon wrote: September 25th, 2023, 4:23 pm I am finishing up edits now. I did have to go back and update some things for Section 3. But hope it will be sent by tomorrow afternoon!
Dear Christine, Thanks for the update!
WinterMoon

Post by WinterMoon »

Hey all,

Does anyone know if the upload site has been down or having problems? Because I've tried for the last several days to upload the file and then pin the MC but that site won't let me in...
~Christine~

WinterMoon

Post by WinterMoon »

I will try again... I restarted my computer too, initially, and it didn't work.
~Christine~

WinterMoon

Post by WinterMoon »

Okay think I got the uploader to finally work!

Here you go:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/bestshortstories_4_various_128kb.mp3

FOR PL!! :clap:
~Christine~

brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

WinterMoon wrote: September 30th, 2023, 8:40 am Okay think I got the uploader to finally work!

Here you go:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/bestshortstories_4_various_128kb.mp3

FOR PL!! :clap:
Yay! Will do today.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 4 Wow! That was a long one! Very enjoyable listening. These are not terribly many considering the length of the story. Remember to make the edits from last to first to preserve the time stamp.
Please change the section number in the file name to be 04 instead of 4.
0:24 should be "The Best Short Stories of 1917. A Cup of Tea by Maxwell Struthers Burt"
17:43 should be "He studied her furtively" I heard He studied her furvatively"
17:53 should be "will feel this very much." I heard "will finish this very much."
18:37 missing word "upsetting"; should be "upsetting a glass of champagne"
22:05 missing words "of strength" should be "an allegory of strength, of strength and weakness"
22:21 should be "and the impossible, confused thing"; I heard "and the impossible fused thing"
46:45 remove mistake "as I" should be "known all along that I suspected;" I heard "known all along as I that I suspected;"
49:06 remove mistake " and you" should be "that even then they were afraid of you, and would to-morrow ask you back again to their houses"; "I heard that even then they were afraid of you, and you and would to-morrow ask you back again to their houses"
52:01 remove repeated word "and"; just before "and had sat back on his stool"4
Thanks!
Christine
WinterMoon

Post by WinterMoon »

brownrottger wrote: September 30th, 2023, 5:43 pm Section 4 Wow! That was a long one! Very enjoyable listening. These are not terribly many considering the length of the story. Remember to make the edits from last to first to preserve the time stamp.
0:24 should be "The Best Short Stories of 1917. A Cup of Tea by Maxwell Struthers Burt"
17:53 should be "will feel this very much." I heard "will finish this very much."
22:05 missing words "of strength" should be "an allegory of strength, of strength and weakness"
22:21 should be "and the impossible, confused thing"; I heard "and the impossible fused thing"
46:45 remove mistake "as I" should be "known all along that I suspected;" I heard "known all along as I that I suspected;"
49:06 remove mistake " and you" should be "that even then they were afraid of you, and would to-morrow ask you back again to their houses"; "I heard that even then they were afraid of you, and you and would to-morrow ask you back again to their houses"
Thanks!
Christine

Thank you so much for taking the time to listen through. Yes! I have to say that's probably the longest one I've done to date! It was fun, but definitely easy to miss my own edits. I am thankful to have someone else going back through the longer projects, because I must have missed quite a bit lol.

I will get these updated today hopefully!

Thanks again!
~Christine~

WinterMoon

Post by WinterMoon »

WinterMoon wrote: October 1st, 2023, 12:21 pm
brownrottger wrote: September 30th, 2023, 5:43 pm Section 4 Wow! That was a long one! Very enjoyable listening. These are not terribly many considering the length of the story. Remember to make the edits from last to first to preserve the time stamp.
Thanks!
Christine

Thank you so much for taking the time to listen through. Yes! I have to say that's probably the longest one I've done to date! It was fun, but definitely easy to miss my own edits. I am thankful to have someone else going back through the longer projects, because I must have missed quite a bit lol.

I will get these updated today hopefully!

Thanks again!

Here is the updated file for PL, please let me know if I missed anything!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/bestshortstories_04_various_128kb.mp3
~Christine~

brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 4: Just one more thing:
2:22 a couple of missing words (I do this bit of "over editing" all the time) should be "and the impossible, confused thing he calls a 'code'" I heard "and the impossible he calls a 'code'"
Thanks,
Christine
WinterMoon

Post by WinterMoon »

~Christine~

brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Thanks so much! Section 4 is PL ok. Just one more story Section 29 None So Blind.
Best,
Christine