Hi,

I would like to read "La Rabbiata, Chapter II"

Thank you!
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Read48Fun wrote: March 25th, 2023, 6:25 pm Hi,

I would like to read "La Rabbiata, Chapter II"

Thank you!
Hi! The fact that this is your very first LibriVox (LV) post strongly suggests that you have probably not yet uploaded a 1-minute test. It's really only meant to assure you that you are all set to record for LV, especially as regards technical specifications. For more information, please visit: viewforum.php?f=21 (Post Your 1-Minute Test Recording Here). After you have completed that exercise I will be pleased to consider a claim from you for an open section. Thanks.
Mobsters - you don't have to be larcenous, you can pretend - needed for Gold-Killer
Read48Fun

Post by Read48Fun »

Hi,

1 minute test has been posted, as requested.

For your convenience, see the link https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_read48fun.mp3

Thank you!
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

:clap:
Read48Fun wrote: March 25th, 2023, 8:03 pm Hi,

1 minute test has been posted, as requested.

For your convenience, see the link https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_read48fun.mp3

Thank you!
Sweet! 8-) :D

Someone other than I will review your test. You are obviously tech savvy and more importantly eager to record for LV. Fantastic! I didn't see in your upload post any info about your platform. Whoever reviews your test will possibly ask about e.g. whether you use Audacity or some other DAW etc. The reason they might ask is that although your volume is within allowable range (86-92 dB) it is on the low end (86.1 dB as gauged by the Checker program). The reviewer will probably suggest that you target around 89 - 90 dB as ideal and ask if you are familiar with functions in the software that you are using that will increase volume (gain) by about 3 dB.

I do believe that you will quickly get an OK on your 1-minute, so I will hold the section you requested for at least several days. You will see it assigned to me, but with a note that it is on hold for you. Fair enough? That way, when the OK comes, I will remove my name as reader on that section, replacing it with yours.

Meanwhile, have you considered what you would like as your LV catalog display name. It can be Read48Fun just like your forum user name, or it can be whatever you want it to be. Assuming this will be your first recording for LV, I will need to add you as a reader in the LV catalog using a dialog box that exists for that purpose. The dialog box will ask me for your catalog name and, unless you tell me otherwise, I would use your forum user name.

Are we good? Do have questions for me?

Best wishes,
Brian

PS, have you read that section through already? I believe that is the one that has the scan error in a passage that says something like her wet dress dung to her when clearly it should have said clung to her. Normally, the LV policy is read as written, but in a case like this, we can and should make an exception.
Mobsters - you don't have to be larcenous, you can pretend - needed for Gold-Killer
VoxLeeThunderous

Post by VoxLeeThunderous »

Hello!

Here is section 10 La Rabbiata Ch 3:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/fourphasesoflove_10_heyse_128kb.mp3

It is 09:17 long. This is my first one, so excited to hear any feedback. I hope I was able to follow all the instructions :lol:
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

VoxLeeThunderous wrote: March 25th, 2023, 11:18 pm Hello!

It is 09:17 long. This is my first one, so excited to hear any feedback. I hope I was able to follow all the instructions :lol:
Ready for PL, :clap:
Read48Fun

Post by Read48Fun »

Hi,

I received an OK for the 1 min test and very valuable details on how to adjust the volume going forward.

Yes, please use my forum name "Read48Fun."

Thank you for pointing the error about the dress. I also found it strange when I read the chapter to get familiar with before the recording.

Yes, I am a newbie not only at LV, but also at using Audacity for Window, reading out loud, recording and editing, ect. ect.
But I am super excited to get started and learn along the way. I am very grateful for all the support and guidance I will receive, as I find my way around LV assignments, and I will do my very best to improve with every project and over time.

Thank you in advance for your patience, kindness, and assistance!

Looking forward to do my very 1st recording!
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Read48Fun wrote: March 26th, 2023, 6:25 am Looking forward to do my very 1st recording!
Wow! Thank you for choosing this project for your very 1st recording. :D
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Welcome to Librivox. I hope you enjoy this adventure as much as I have. For a first recording this is very well done. I enjoyed listening to it. (that is sometimes the down side of DPLing stories like this, sometimes you know the ending before you know the beginning and the middle. :roll: )

I think you followed all the instructions well. Here are a few things you might want to look at:

Just a thought for further readings. In this one you seem be overmodulating a little. There are some plosives on some of your “p”s. Maybe you could move back just a little from your mic. Just a thought.

3:01 vehemently You said venemently

3:03,5 and put herbs upon it As we PL, we let 'regional' pronunciations go through. I don't know if that is what this is, but in 'herbs' in this context, meaning medicinal plants, the 'h' is silent. If vocalizing the 'h' is the way you usually say it, disregard this comment.

5:18 it is well worth a couple of piastres, my mother said--it would help to repair your loss, You added the word it after said. Read through the whole sentence, and I think you will get the idea of what is trying to be said

5:38.5 who knows how long you may be laid up with your hand? You left out the word may

6:56 with all the fault on my conscience! I heard conscious

7:09 and make of me what you will, You left out the word of

7:49 and gazing passionately in his face with her wet eyes I heard passionly

I don't know how you are doing this, but I have found that listening to my recordings very closely after I have recorded them helps me to find many of the errors I made when reading it for the first time. I have found that it takes me about three times the finished recorded time to get all things done, i.e. for a 20 minute recording I figure about an hour of my time. Just what works for me.

Thanks for the time you have spent.

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
VoxLeeThunderous

Kalamareader wrote: March 28th, 2023, 7:06 pm

Welcome to Librivox. I hope you enjoy this adventure as much as I have. For a first recording this is very well done. I enjoyed listening to it. (that is sometimes the down side of DPLing stories like this, sometimes you know the ending before you know the beginning and the middle. :roll: )

I think you followed all the instructions well. Here are a few things you might want to look at:

Just a thought for further readings. In this one you seem be overmodulating a little. There are some plosives on some of your “p”s. Maybe you could move back just a little from your mic. Just a thought.

3:03,5 and put herbs upon it As we PL, we let 'regional' pronunciations go through. I don't know if that is what this is, but in 'herbs' in this context, meaning medicinal plants, the 'h' is silent. If vocalizing the 'h' is the way you usually say it, disregard this comment.

5:18 it is well worth a couple of piastres, my mother said--it would help to repair your loss, You added the word it after said. Read through the whole sentence, and I think you will get the idea of what is trying to be said

5:38.5 who knows how long you may be laid up with your hand? You left out the word may

I don't know how you are doing this, but I have found that listening to my recordings very closely after I have recorded them helps me to find many of the errors I made when reading it for the first time. I have found that it takes me about three times the finished recorded time to get all things done, i.e. for a 20 minute recording I figure about an hour of my time. Just what works for me.

Wayne
Thanks for the feedback! I will work to correct these. 👍
VoxLeeThunderous

VoxLeeThunderous wrote: March 28th, 2023, 8:27 pm
Kalamareader wrote: March 28th, 2023, 7:06 pm

Wayne
Thanks for the feedback! I will work to correct these. 👍
Hello,
Here is the new upload with the identified changes. Appreciate the feedback.

BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

8-) Thanks! I'll mark it ready for spot PL.
carandall

Post by carandall »

BrianFullen,

I received your PM. I was unable to figure out how to respond directly. I am hoping to finish some basic editing today on section 5 of Four Phases of Love and will upload ASAP. Thank you!

Peace.
C A Randall
RitaBoutros

Post by RitaBoutros »

Hi Brian
If not already claimed, may I have 12, 13 and 15? I would have preferred to start with the first chapter of "By the Banks of the Tiber", but alas, already claimed!
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

carandall wrote: April 3rd, 2023, 3:49 am BrianFullen,

I received your PM. I was unable to figure out how to respond directly. I am hoping to finish some basic editing today on section 5 of Four Phases of Love and will upload ASAP. Thank you!

Peace.
C A Randall
I see. If you have any questions, you can post them here. Thank you for responding. Best wishes, Brian