Hello! Excited to get started!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
dollygal

Post by dollygal »

Hello!

I'm excited to get to help share books with everyone. Education is power!
I'm hoping to be able to lend my voice to some great works. I have a background in theater, though I haven't done much since college. I homeschool four children whom I read to daily. We've recorded me reading to them on multiple occasions so they can go back and here the story again and again. So I have some experience with audacity in editing. I've always just recorded with my iPhone voice memos app when reading to my kids. I'm sure there is a better way to record for LibriVox? Also, is there a special mic I should get? Or will my MacBook Pro built-in mic be good? I also have AirPod Pros, does that have a better mic? I'm excited to get started!

My 10yo daughter is hoping she can get involved in recording as well. Are children allowed to help?
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

dollygal wrote: January 19th, 2023, 1:50 pm Hello!

I'm excited to get to help share books with everyone. Education is power!
I'm hoping to be able to lend my voice to some great works. I have a background in theater, though I haven't done much since college. I homeschool four children whom I read to daily. We've recorded me reading to them on multiple occasions so they can go back and here the story again and again. So I have some experience with audacity in editing. I've always just recorded with my iPhone voice memos app when reading to my kids. I'm sure there is a better way to record for LibriVox? Also, is there a special mic I should get? Or will my MacBook Pro built-in mic be good? I also have AirPod Pros, does that have a better mic? I'm excited to get started!

My 10yo daughter is hoping she can get involved in recording as well. Are children allowed to help?
Hi! I've never seen any age restriction in Librivox. Also, welcome to many people's favorite addiction! Check this thread out viewtopic.php?t=28949 if you have any doubts. I hope you will consider doing a chapter, or many, in the book listed below which you can access by clicking on the link below!
Best,
Christine