COMPLETE Multilingual Short Works Collection 034 - Poetry & Prose - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Perdida, such an interesting poem and I loved the ending, when you say "cruz" in a softer tone. I wonder why the author didn't write the word and instead opted for a symbol ? :hmm: But nicely done. :thumbs:

Totally PL ok right away. :)

Sonia
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

Kitty wrote: April 8th, 2023, 6:57 am
a wonderful praise on art, very nicely interpreted and narrated, thank you Bernd !!! Great find for this collection.

I wasn't sure whether it was short enough for the shortened disclaimer, but I guess you fit just under 500 words. You probably counted them, so I trust you ;)

A couple of small edits though:

> at 1:15: (p. 293) "in einer wirklich menschlich-zärtlichen Hand" - you forgot "zärtlichen"
> at 2:45: (p. 294) "in deinen Tätigkeiten eingekapselt" - you say "diesen"

thanks, and I hope you enjoyed your holidays and come back refreshed

Sonia
Thank you Sonia, I will fix it when I'm back home.
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 7 Abschnitte frei
Sonnenuntergang - 2 Rollen frei
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

The time has come for an obligatory Polish entry 8-) It's really chapter 1 in a collection of stories (Pamiątki Soplicy), but they seem to be self-contained, so I'm posting it here.

Title: Kazanie konfederackie (z "Pamiątki Soplicy")
Author: Henryk Rzewuski (new author in the database)
Duration: 14:39
Birth and death date of the author: 1791 - 1866
Author in Wikipedia: https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henryk_Rzewuski
Work in Wikipedia: https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pami%C4%85tki_Soplicy
Uploader link: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw034_kazanie_rzewuski_pn81_128kb.mp3
Link to the source: https://pl.wikisource.org/wiki/Strona:Henryk_Rzewuski_-_Pami%C4%85tki_JPana_Seweryna_Soplicy.djvu/40
Key words: Polska, szlachta, gawęda szlachecka, kazanie, prywata

Also, a question for the PLer. I've recently bought a microphone (you know, after 11 years :P ) and I keep changing its placement, on purpose or not. This recording in particular has many instances of a sound which I previously associated with me bumping my finger or foot against something... except I can't remember doing that. Could it be just the air hitting the mike?
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Piotrek81 wrote: April 10th, 2023, 4:09 am The time has come for an obligatory Polish entry 8-) It's really chapter 1 in a collection of stories (Pamiątki Soplicy), but they seem to be self-contained, so I'm posting it here.
Thank you, Piotrek! I've added the title of collection to the keywords. I'll let Sonia comment on the specifics of the noise, but in the theory the answer is yes. Shift the mic to the side, beyond the direct impact of the breath stream will help to avoid these issues.

Michael
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Piotrek81 wrote: April 10th, 2023, 4:09 amTitle: Kazanie konfederackie (z "Pamiątki Soplicy")
Author: Henryk Rzewuski (new author in the database)
Uploader link: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw034_kazanie_rzewuski_pn81_128kb.mp3
Link to the source: https://pl.wikisource.org/wiki/Strona:Henryk_Rzewuski_-_Pami%C4%85tki_JPana_Seweryna_Soplicy.djvu/40

Also, a question for the PLer. I've recently bought a microphone (you know, after 11 years :P ) and I keep changing its placement, on purpose or not. This recording in particular has many instances of a sound which I previously associated with me bumping my finger or foot against something... except I can't remember doing that. Could it be just the air hitting the mike?
honestly I couldn't really hear anything disturbing. At what time stamp exactly do you hear it for example ? But yes, as Michael already mentioned, putting the mic more to the side of your mouth helps, so you don't blow directly into it.

But for me this contribution is perfectly PL ok :) thank you !

Sonia
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Kitty wrote: April 10th, 2023, 6:50 am
honestly I couldn't really hear anything disturbing. At what time stamp exactly do you hear it for example ? But yes, as Michael already mentioned, putting the mic more to the side of your mouth helps, so you don't blow directly into it.

But for me this contribution is perfectly PL ok :) thank you !

Sonia
Five random examples (give or take a second): 0:17 0:45 1:50 3:07 3:27 I remember hearing louder ones than those, but I couldn't find them now. Also, I'm listening with headphones.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Piotrek81 wrote: April 10th, 2023, 8:53 amFive random examples (give or take a second): 0:17 0:45 1:50 3:07 3:27 I remember hearing louder ones than those, but I couldn't find them now. Also, I'm listening with headphones.
no I also listened with headphones and I absolutely hear nothing disturbing at all. My ears are not the best but still, I cannot hear anything at these specific spots. So I think you need not worry overly about it.

Sonia
lorda
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by lorda »

Kitty wrote: April 8th, 2023, 6:57 am a wonderful praise on art, very nicely interpreted and narrated, thank you Bernd !!! Great find for this collection.

I wasn't sure whether it was short enough for the shortened disclaimer, but I guess you fit just under 500 words. You probably counted them, so I trust you ;)

A couple of small edits though:

> at 1:15: (p. 293) "in einer wirklich menschlich-zärtlichen Hand" - you forgot "zärtlichen"
> at 2:45: (p. 294) "in deinen Tätigkeiten eingekapselt" - you say "diesen"

thanks, and I hope you enjoyed your holidays and come back refreshed

Sonia
Hi Sonia,

I've changed the pieces:
1:15 - 1:18,3 - "in einer wirklich menschlich-zärtlichen Hand"
2:45,5 - 2:58,5 - "in deinen Tätigkeiten eingekapselt"

The new length is 4:01.

Greetings, Bernd
Bernd
Don't dream it - be it. (Dr. Frank N. Furter)
How much free time would we have without all this computer stuff?

reader page of lorda

Bambi - 7 Abschnitte frei
Sonnenuntergang - 2 Rollen frei
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lorda wrote: April 10th, 2023, 3:19 pmI've changed the pieces:
1:15 - 1:18,3 - "in einer wirklich menschlich-zärtlichen Hand"
2:45,5 - 2:58,5 - "in deinen Tätigkeiten eingekapselt"
und PL ok, danke Bernd :)

Sonia
Perdida

Post by Perdida »

Kitty wrote: April 8th, 2023, 11:42 am
thank you, Perdida, such an interesting poem and I loved the ending, when you say "cruz" in a softer tone. I wonder why the author didn't write the word and instead opted for a symbol ? :hmm: But nicely done. :thumbs:

Totally PL ok right away. :)

Sonia
Thank you so much Sonia! About the draw of the cross instead the word... I imagine it like a gesture we make in Spain crossing index fingers meaning the 'cruz' (an old gesture I think)
DrSpoke

Post by DrSpoke »

Hello,

I've got two Italian shorties:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw034_raccontistoriciemorali_cantu_cc_128kb.mp3
08:04
Cesare Cantù
Storiella (Racconti storici e morali)
Italian
https://m.gutenberg.org/files/45803/45803-h/45803-h.htm#attaccarlite
amici, gelosia, friends, envy

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw034_ricordidinfanziaediscuola_deamicis_cc_128kb.mp3
05:27
Edmondo De Amicis
Qui, quae, quod (Ricordi d'infanzia e di scuola)
Italian
https://m.gutenberg.org/files/61885/61885-h/61885-h.htm#quiquaequod
scuola, ricordi, infanzia, memories, childhood
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

DrSpoke wrote: April 14th, 2023, 9:34 am Hello,

I've got two Italian shorties:
Thank you, Claudia! Queued for PL.

Michael
DrSpoke

Post by DrSpoke »

Kazbek wrote: April 14th, 2023, 6:27 pm Thank you, Claudia! Queued for PL.

Michael
Thank you Michael. I'm still a bit confused regarding the PD criteria. If I have an author who died in the forties whose book was published eighty yeast ago, after 1926, I cannot submit it, or can I?
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

DrSpoke wrote: April 15th, 2023, 1:06 am Thank you Michael. I'm still a bit confused regarding the PD criteria. If I have an author who died in the forties whose book was published eighty yeast ago, after 1926, I cannot submit it, or can I?
This book couldn't be recorded for LV yet (the current cutoff date being 1927) -- unless Project Gutenberg marks it as public domain in the US. See #1 above the MW for more detail.

Michael
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

super well read, thank you so much. Nice additions to this collection. 8-) I liked to listen to them.

There is a problem with the first Storiella however. Actually this storiella is only an excerpt from the story, entitled "Dell'attaccar lite". The story is a whole, and the example you are reading is the story the abbot is narrating here. We would need you to add the missing initial and end paragraphs here, so we can have the entire story. We don't take excerpts in this collection, only whole stories.

> as intro then I would say "Dell'attaccar lite, di Cesare Cantu" (without the title of the compilation, just the title of the story)
> as outro: "Fine de "Dell'attaccar lite, di Cesare Cantu" (without the title of the book)

For Qui, quae, quod just a few small edits needed:

> at 0:02: you can cut the title of the compilation, we only need the title of the story and the author. However you need to insert the LV disclaimer which is missing entirely. Say, in English or Italian:
"Qui, quae, quod, by Edmondo de Amicis, read in Italian. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"

> from 5:11 to 5:13: between "delle cose umane" and "fine di..." - the pause is a bit too long, you could cut to under 2 seconds

> at 5:13: as outro, you can also cut the title of the book, technically it's not the book that ends but only the story. Say: "Fine di Qui, quae, quod, di Edmondo de Amicis"

As filenames you could also use the real title of the short stories instead of the book titles, to be precise ;)

thanks

Sonia