Because we don't have a "Thank an IT Person" button...

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Thank you!
The updates just done may not come with flashing lights or fancy new features, but I know just enough to tell that they were a lot of (probably very stressful) work, and were very much needed!
Sometimes just keeping the wheels turning is a heroic task, when every little fix needs two more fixes to fix it, and you have to wait however long for the backup before you can do it, and the whosamawhatzit keeps flangeing every 13 minutes.

Thanks, notartom, for your work on this, and for seeing it through.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
notartom

Post by notartom »

:)

Thanks for taking the time to post this, I appreciate it! Yeah, the updates were all under the hood, everything was was... old. It feels good to be running on more recent (even latest, in some cases!) versions of stuff.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Yep - all Librivox is a team effort and we sometimes forget all the ones we don't see every day in the forum and all over the final products. Thanks very much indeed Artom.

Anne
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Yes, thank you all!
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Thank you! :thumbs:
Fan of all 80s pop music except Meatloaf.
patrickrandall

Post by patrickrandall »

Wow, the catalogue search function is so much faster! :clap: What an amazing improvement!! Thanks so much!

Cheers,
Patrick
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

patrickrandall wrote: December 7th, 2022, 8:15 pm Wow, the catalogue search function is so much faster! :clap: What an amazing improvement!! Thanks so much!

Cheers,
Patrick
Wow, it really is! (The search by reader function) Fabulous!

Is anyone finding the forums loading slower?
Edit: Seems to have sped up again now.
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 94% 3 left!
PL pls: DPL 43 27-28
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

My issue is that I was receiving notices for NEW posts to the Launch Pad forum, now I'm getting notices for EVERY REPLY to messages in the forum, which is quite a nuisance. I've not seen any way to fix this.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

silverquill wrote: December 16th, 2022, 4:47 pm My issue is that I was receiving notices for NEW posts to the Launch Pad forum, now I'm getting notices for EVERY REPLY to messages in the forum, which is quite a nuisance. I've not seen any way to fix this.
It's somewhere in your User Control Panel. Try here: ucp.php?i=ucp_notifications&mode=notification_options

I'm guessing it's the option, "Someone replies to a topic in a forum to which you are subscribed'
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart