[SOLO] Christian Astrology by William Lilly - pc

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Rapunzelina wrote: September 22nd, 2023, 4:15 pm Alright! Chapter 7 is PL OK!
Thank you! :thumbs:
I also uploaded to the bloopers thread. :lol:
Fan of all 80s pop music except Meatloaf.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I'm too scared to listen to that :lol: once in the main file was enough!
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Section 14 ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/christianastrology_014_lilly_128kb.mp3

length: 16 min s 50 secs

Notes:

Sometimes I included the margin content. I only did this when it helped make the text clearer in meaning.

At 7 minutes I have said "fad hair" as in meaning faded hair. I don't think that sad hair would make sense.

Near the end I think that Lilly is referring to the angel Raphael. I looked up the spellings of Raphael and there have been many used throughout history. Thus I said it like he wrote it: Caffiel. For all I know that could have been a spelling of Raphael. After all at that time Shakespeare was spelled at least 12 different ways. [I remember that from English literature 101 at University which was a long time ago :shock: ]
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi! Just one clarification, at about 1:44, is the repetition of "Capricorn" accidental or on purpose?

I agree that "sad hair" sounds weird, but he seems to make use of the word 'sad' to denote a dark, sombre or dull colour ("black or sad haire"), as later in the text he says "of a sad, ashy or black colour."

I googled Cassiel and I got "Cassiel is often associated with the angel of solitude, tears, and the archangel of Saturn."
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Rapunzelina wrote: September 25th, 2023, 11:40 am Hi! Just one clarification, at about 1:44, is the repetition of "Capricorn" accidental or on purpose?

I agree that "sad hair" sounds weird, but he seems to make use of the word 'sad' to denote a dark, sombre or dull colour ("black or sad haire"), as later in the text he says "of a sad, ashy or black colour."

I googled Cassiel and I got "Cassiel is often associated with the angel of solitude, tears, and the archangel of Saturn."
Yes, I said Capricorn twice because there's the symbol and then it's said. Let me think about the rest: please don't mark it as OK yet.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

In that case, I think the very next one is also the word, and the symbol, but you say it once. Just for your consideration. :thumbs:
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Rapunzelina wrote: September 25th, 2023, 5:32 pm In that case, I think the very next one is also the word, and the symbol, but you say it once. Just for your consideration. :thumbs:
That is a good point. I have recorded section 15. Tonight I will submit that as well.
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Section 14 for spot PL at:

1:44 I deleted Capricorn to avoid repeat

7 mins: made into "sad hair" at 6:57

16:07 said Cassiel for the angel

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/christianastrology_014_lilly_128kb.mp3

length 16:47
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Sections 14 and 15 are PL OK!
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Rapunzelina wrote: September 27th, 2023, 6:55 am Sections 14 and 15 are PL OK!
Thank you! :thumbs:
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Added some more parts of the MW. I have a master architecture of the whole book that I did before I began. I take into account some layout mistakes such as repeated chapter numbers.
I am in general narrating the chapters in sequential order. The main exception will be the ephemeris chapter that I have left for now; it might well be the last thing that I record in the whole book.
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Section 16 ready for PL

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/christianastrology_016_lilly_128kb.mp3

length 14:26.

Please note that I only say the margin descriptors [minerals, occidental etc] when I think that it makes the body of text clearer.
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Section 17 ready for PL.
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/christianastrology_017_lilly_128kb.mp3
length 14:45
Note that early on there are two cross outs in the text and a margin correction. I have read out a figure that makes sense; it's the best that I can do.

I used a different method of processing. Not sure if I will keep on doing it that way. Sure sounded different! :lol:
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Sounds Good! PL OK for for sections 16 and 17!