Help needed for a section in Greek [FOUND]

Deutsch, Español, Français, Nederlands, Polski, Português, 日本語 ...
PhyllisV

Post by PhyllisV »

Looking for a Greek speaker who can read the following and send me an .mp3 that I can cut and paste into my recording -

Λόγος τοῦ ἔργου ἄνευ ὕλης.—Aristotle's definition of art.
Ὅ χρή σε νοεῖν νόου ἄνθει.—Chaldaic Oracles.
Ἐγώ εἰμι πᾶν τὸ γεγονὸν, καὶ ὂν, καὶ ἐσόμενον, καὶ τὸν ἐμὸν πέπλον οὐδείς πω θνητὸς ἀπεκάλυψεν.—Inscription upon the temple at Sais.
Plotinus aimed at ἐπαφήν, and παρουσίαν ἐπιστήμης κρείττονα, and τὸ ἑαυτὸν κέντρον τῷ οἷον πάντων κέντρῳ συνάπτειν.
Μέλλει τὸ Θεῖον δ' ἐστὶ τοιοῦτον φύσει.—Euripides in Orestes.

I can stumble my way through a phrase here and there, but this is too much for me to handle. BTW, it is from Thoreau's journal.

If this is not the right place for this request, please let me know. TIA!
Pauline8

Post by Pauline8 »

I know how to read Modern Greek and understand quite difficult texts too, however, I am not familiar with the language used here, so it must be Ancient Greek. Perhaps you need to contact a professor of the classics.
pvmg

Post by pvmg »

PhyllisV wrote: November 21st, 2022, 11:58 am Looking for a Greek speaker who can read the following and send me an .mp3 that I can cut and paste into my recording -

Λόγος τοῦ ἔργου ἄνευ ὕλης.—Aristotle's definition of art.
Ὅ χρή σε νοεῖν νόου ἄνθει.—Chaldaic Oracles.
Ἐγώ εἰμι πᾶν τὸ γεγονὸν, καὶ ὂν, καὶ ἐσόμενον, καὶ τὸν ἐμὸν πέπλον οὐδείς πω θνητὸς ἀπεκάλυψεν.—Inscription upon the temple at Sais.
Plotinus aimed at ἐπαφήν, and παρουσίαν ἐπιστήμης κρείττονα, and τὸ ἑαυτὸν κέντρον τῷ οἷον πάντων κέντρῳ συνάπτειν.
Μέλλει τὸ Θεῖον δ' ἐστὶ τοιοῦτον φύσει.—Euripides in Orestes.

I can stumble my way through a phrase here and there, but this is too much for me to handle. BTW, it is from Thoreau's journal.

If this is not the right place for this request, please let me know. TIA!
Hello
if you still wand I can read these parts
Penelope
PhyllisV

Post by PhyllisV »

Thank you so much but I am all set.