Florence B. Hyett Bibliography

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
LectorRecitator

Post by LectorRecitator »

FLORENCE B. HYETT (????–????)

Fifty Christmas Poems For Children (1923)

https://archive.org/details/fiftychristmaspo00hyet/page/n5/mode/2up
Last edited by LectorRecitator on January 21st, 2024, 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
• Click the author's name at the top of my posts for—potential—further info.

• If you adopt a book that was brought to your attention through a post of mine, please consider crediting me in the corresponding project thread—it will be much appreciated.
whhwhh

Post by whhwhh »

Hello,

I loved reading some of these poems, but I don't have a clue of how to go about selecting the poem that interests me to read.

I'm used to going to the magic window and looking for the story to narrate. Then we're told that the story we selected has been approved.

Also, I don't see the name of a MC. I need to know what to do. I can't read the entire book of poems. I only wanted to read a couple of them.

How do you go about selecting what you want to read, who is the MC, what is the intro (amount of silence at the beginning of the audio), what is the end (amount of silence at the end of the audio (5 seconds), how do you introduce the name of the poem, etc?

As stated before, I love some of these poems, but I need a bit more information if I am allowed to read them.

Thank you.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

These aren't part of a running project, so there's no instruction or MC.

What you could do is select a few from here and submit them to the Short Poetry Collection or the Christmas Short Works Collection 2022. Both of those collections are projects in which you select your own texts rather than being provided with one.

Read the instructions in the first post of each project. I think each have a 2-work limit, which is why I suggest both of them. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart