[SOLO] Kitty Carter, Canteen Girl by Ruby Lorraine Radford - philc

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

Luka wrote: August 2nd, 2023, 9:51 pm
Some personal issues have arisen that will make me unable to PL for the next month. I'll be back in late September. If you need to have someone else PL in my absence, or even remove my DPL status, I'll understand.
Betsy in Santa Fe
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

BetsyWalker wrote: August 13th, 2023, 7:19 am
Luka wrote: August 2nd, 2023, 9:51 pm
Some personal issues have arisen that will make me unable to PL for the next month. I'll be back in late September. If you need to have someone else PL in my absence, or even remove my DPL status, I'll understand.
I'm back and ready to work! - Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe
Luka

Post by Luka »

I hope you don't hate me for doing this but I have decided to entirely rework chapter 1 and uploaded a new recording of chapter 1. I didn't like the way I sounded in chapter 1 compared to the rest of the chapters considering I didn't voice the characters properly. I saved the old version of chapter 1 just in case. I promise this is the only chapter I will be changing entirely. The rest of the chapters are good the way they are.
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

Chapter 1:

--At 5:13
Dropped “extra” from “…plenty of extra time…”

--Needs two more silent seconds at ending.

Please remember to fix chapters 3, 4 & 7, also.

Betsy
Last edited by BetsyWalker on October 2nd, 2023, 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Betsy in Santa Fe
Luka

Post by Luka »

I noticed another mistake I made. 7:40 "But I know it was hard for you to give up your dream of being a WAVE" I said 'becoming' when I was supposed to say 'being'
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

Luka wrote: October 2nd, 2023, 4:53 pm I noticed another mistake I made. 7:40 "But I know it was hard for you to give up your dream of being a WAVE" I said 'becoming' when I was supposed to say 'being'
Yes, I heard that, too. But I didn't feel it detracted from the listener's understanding, so passed it by. But definitely fix it if you have time. - Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe
Luka

Post by Luka »

All three of found errors in Chapter 1 have been fixed.
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

Luka wrote: October 10th, 2023, 3:23 pm All three of found errors in Chapter 1 have been fixed.
All good - PL Okay! - Betsy
(When you resubmit, it would be helpful to me if you adjust the MW to "ready for spot PL" - thanks!)
Betsy in Santa Fe
Luka

Post by Luka »

I will be uploading Chapter 8 either tonight or tomorrow night.
Luka

Post by Luka »

I am serious. Please do not suspend this forum because I know it has been a couple months already since I last posted. I know inactivity can cause the forum to close but I was preoccupied, I am not anymore.
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

Luka wrote: December 10th, 2023, 9:08 pm I will be uploading Chapter 8 either tonight or tomorrow night.
Please be sure that it shows in the MW once uploaded. Makes my process a lot easier. - Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe
Luka

Post by Luka »

I feel bad for saying that I was going to post Chapter 8 but didn't get around to posting it. It needs more editing. I normally don't feel comfortable sharing my personal life online but to help you understand, I work full time and am a full time student. My last final for this semester is today so I will have time after work to do chapters now. I intend to complete this project at a rapid pace now. Will be posting Chapter 8 soon.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Luka wrote: December 12th, 2023, 11:49 pm I feel bad for saying that I was going to post Chapter 8 but didn't get around to posting it. It needs more editing. I normally don't feel comfortable sharing my personal life online but to help you understand, I work full time and am a full time student. My last final for this semester is today so I will have time after work to do chapters now. I intend to complete this project at a rapid pace now. Will be posting Chapter 8 soon.
Luka, please relax. Librivox is something in your life for which you should feel no pressure at all. Seriously, we understand about life and want this to be a source of fun, not stress. If it needs more editing, just take the time to do it when you can. Best of luck on your studies and your job and your final exam. :thumbs: Petunia, our LibriVox Pickle, sends her best dance Image
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

philchenevert wrote: December 13th, 2023, 7:31 am Luka, please relax. Librivox is something in your life for which you should feel no pressure at all. Seriously, we understand about life and want this to be a source of fun, not stress. If it needs more editing, just take the time to do it when you can. Best of luck on your studies and your job and your final exam. :thumbs: Petunia, our LibriVox Pickle, sends her best dance Image
I totally agree with Phil & Petunia! - Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe
BetsyWalker

Post by BetsyWalker »

Luka - I also removed the PL note about the extra second on chapter 3. No need to worry about that fix. Just get to the others when you can. I'll check 'em through the MW whenever they're ready. - Betsy
Betsy in Santa Fe