[SOLO] Human, All-Too-Human Part 2 by Nietzsche - tg

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Just popping in to say that section 1 (aphorisms 1-30) is in my editing queue, as it needs a little re-recording. ETA early next week.
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Section 1 is in! Ready for PL by whomever is interested. :)
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Section 2 is in, and it looks like going 30 at a time is a good pace. I might revisit that for the second half, but this will keep me cruising for a while. 8-)
HopesUnicorn

Post by HopesUnicorn »

I would like to PL sections 1 and 2 if that's okay.
Things I'm working on:
Editing: None.
Recording: Soldiers | Super Secret Solo Project
Fixing: None
I will PL for you if it is ready. Just pm me a link to the thread.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

HopesUnicorn wrote: January 1st, 2023, 2:25 pm I would like to PL sections 1 and 2 if that's okay.
Absolutely! If you have any questions, feel free to ask, too. This project is using the "Standard" level of PL, but if you have suggestions for emphasis, inflection or timing to make any particular passage easier to follow, I'm open to those as well.
HopesUnicorn

Post by HopesUnicorn »

redrun wrote: January 1st, 2023, 2:46 pm
...snip...

Absolutely! If you have any questions, feel free to ask, too. This project is using the "Standard" level of PL, but if you have suggestions for emphasis, inflection or timing to make any particular passage easier to follow, I'm open to those as well.
Section 1
Miscellaneous Maxims and Opinions - 1 to 30

I finished and didn't find anything wrong, to note. A great listen! I'll move on to Section 2! (ooohhh, a dinner making listen. This calls for the SoundCore! Whoot whoot)

EDiT: Section 2

Is PL OK
Things I'm working on:
Editing: None.
Recording: Soldiers | Super Secret Solo Project
Fixing: None
I will PL for you if it is ready. Just pm me a link to the thread.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

HopesUnicorn wrote: January 1st, 2023, 3:24 pm -snip-
Section 1
Miscellaneous Maxims and Opinions - 1 to 30

I finished and didn't find anything wrong, to note. A great listen! I'll move on to Section 2! (ooohhh, a dinner making listen. This calls for the SoundCore! Whoot whoot)

EDiT: Section 2

Is PL OK
Thanks for the PL!
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Can I DPL this for you?
Krista
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Absolutely - so long as you're ok with my rather ponderous pace, that is! :wink:
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I've put you in. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

redrun wrote: January 4th, 2023, 11:06 pm Absolutely - so long as you're ok with my rather ponderous pace, that is! :wink:
I like ponderous. I can keep up with that :lol:
Krista
czandra

Post by czandra »

Good catch, Krista! This is still up in listeners wanted. I toyed with it too!

Cz
I asked my librarian about the noise, and she said, "no one would come here
if they weren't allowed to talk out loud." So I read out loud.

Je lis à haute voix car refléchir fait trop de bruit!
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Well, two weeks later, here's our first installment! Section 3 is ready for PL. :D
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

redrun wrote: January 19th, 2023, 9:08 pm Well, two weeks later, here's our first installment! Section 3 is ready for PL. :D
Section 3 is PL OK :thumbs:

A question for you regarding footnotes. You recorded 1 of the 3 footnotes in this section (footnotes 5 & 7 are missing). Are you picking & choosing which to include, or do you want me to identify missing ones?
Krista
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Thanks for asking! I am, indeed, picking and choosing.
The one about Herostratus of Ephesus is the first one I've chosen to include, because the aphorism makes little to no sense without it. The others so far have been more subtle, or had to do with issues in translation, but this one felt necessary.